Akercocke

Was that the DVD show?
If so.. I was there, near the front row :) The Underworld gig was better than Opeth were when akercocke supported them, but the mean fiddler gig opeth did recently after ghost reveries was out is still one of the best gigs i've ever been to. When Deliverance kicked in.. It was just absolute chaos ahaha..

But yes, at the Underworld Ak gig..Some guy kept on grabbing my girlfriends arse.. Funnily enough, I wasn't too pleased about that ahaha.. And i had to protect her from the stupid cunts moshing about.. She'd have been trampled underfoot otherwise!

Oh.. forgot to add.. LOOOOOOONDOOOOOOOONTOOOOOWWWWWWWWNNNNN!

Erm.. Along the lines of

Man Without Trust Or Faith
Axiom
Most of "Rape.."
Most of "Goat.."

Encore:
Enraptured By Evil.

The reason they played so few newer tracks was for similar reasons opeth didn't play older songs on Lamentations.

I would love to see Sheltered From the Sand live. Even a youtube video would suffice; that's probably my favorite Akercocke song.

Should make a good dvd, if they played as well as they did in Melbourne it will be fantastic. Theres quite a few music dvds I'm looking forward to this year, opeth, emperor, mars volta, akercocke and bloodbath are ones I can remember atm.

Basically if akercocke and opeth play again together i would love to go as i didnt go to that show. I love both the bands and i dont find it hard to believe that akercocke stole the show a little bit and also that there were a ton of skeptic opeth fans in the crowd either.
It really means alot to akercocke when they play a show and you can tell that when they play. They talk to the crowd sincerely and look like they LOVE playing for you.
Opeth used to do that but i think recently it has become quite a chore for them almost. I think the best time to go is at the start of the tour when everyone is fresh and looking forward to getting back on the circuit.

The show was definitely great when i was there.. Not sure how well it'll come out on dvd.. Didn't look to be too many people filming, but wasn't watching the cameras to be honest.

Matt booted some guy off the stage when he jumped on and tossed about ahaha.. Looking forward to seeing that bit.

even if you dont like akercocke i dont think that there is anyway you can truly call them a 'bad band'. They introduce a massive amount of space and dexterity in their music. especially for a deathmetal band.
Words is a fantastic album given half a chance.

Ahaha, and chill .. Not all the stuff said is meant to be taken seriously. I've kind of given up being serious on this forum..

And is that really what happened with Matt?! I didn't realise that he had broken his guitar.. Nor did i notice one of the Ted Maul guitarists took over.. Was it 'Grandrax'?

Ted Maul were also incredibly good on that night.

no it was jasons. fuckin twat was stage divin. infact i think it was the lead. But yea i think it was grandrax, it was on praise the name of satan (lmao). Also the cephallic carnage guitarist on the left i couldve fucking smacked him in the face he kept nearly killing me throwing the headstock near my head.