Album artwork......your fave covers!

Rodney Matthews' album artwork I am really fond of, too - as a fave I would pick ELOY's "Metromania".
Otherwise....
KANSAS - "Point of Know Return"
KITARO - "Oasis"
Most of the YES covers
EVERGREY - Solitude, Dominance, Tragedy

I must honestly say, that I am not too keen on this "kitschy-style-artwork" a lot of - especially - Power Metal bands use on their covers. Especially the Nightwish Covers I find terribly tacky! But that's all personal taste, innit..... :)

And generally.... don't you just miss the nice HUGE card-board covers of the good old vinyls??!!!

Hell yeah...vinyl covers rule.....which is why there's a ltd edition vinyl version of Wings of Forever (gatefold sleeve!!!)

I know what you are saying about Power metal bands and their album covers...and you are quite right that it is in the "eye of the beholder" so to speak

"Chalking up a name in your home town
Standing all your mates to another round
Laughing at the world till the barman wipes away
the warm wet circles"

Vinyl.....ahhhh!! I was thinking about that yesterday when I was thinking about fave album covers!!! I used to be mesmerised by those old gatefold sleeves. I have fond memories of lugging armfuls round to friends in my teens.

Madrigal.....Eloy..that's a blast from the past!!!

Hehe. Yep, the artwork on both Heavenly albums is very nice..:)
I like the artwork on the new Symphony X album "the oddyssey" and the new Freternia album "A nightmare Story" as well..
specially the artwork on the Freternia album is stunning..

NP: Rage - Time Waits For No One

Album covers...here we go:

Painkiller - Judas Priest

Somewhere in time - Maiden (I spent hours looking at that one spotting all the references).

Carnival Diablos (Uncesnored verison) - Annihilator

Warmaster - Bolt Thrower

Black Metal - Venom

There are too many to list and it just makes me more frustrated that I can't draw to save my life.

other great covers:

Blind Guardian - A night at the Opera
Lord Grey - Lady of the Lake
Battlelore - ...Where The Shadows Lie
Dragonland - Holy War
Edenbridge - Sunrise in Eden
Edenbridge - Arcana
Elvenking - Heathenreel
Forgotten Tales - The Promise
Grave Digger - Excalibur :headbang:
All ManOwaR covers :D
All Skylark covers!