Album of the Year...... so far?

Couldn't really pic any stand outs ( I was hoping Octavarium (DT) would have been, but its not very strong :( ) Steve Vai's latest was good

max said:
the new suicidal tendencies- WHEN it comes out!!!

i thought susperia's 'unlimited' was pretty damn good, but not sure if that was this or last year.

will morbid angel release a new album with dave vincent?? that would probably be my album of the year if they did that.

not to sure about the new ST the last one wasn't that good!!

Candlemass - S/T
Sentenced - The Funeral Album
Rapture - Silent Stage
Green Carnation - Quiet Offspring
Horned Almighty - Black Metal Jesus

DiscipleOfThePit said:
What was the deal with the new Holy Moses?

I downloaded it from their site for nothing which is pretty weird for an album that just came out.

The last album I really like by them was World Chaos though.

I don't think you have their last album then....it's really killer and absolutely in the vein of "world chaos" and "terminal terror", I don;t recall it was for download too, I don;t think they'd do that it has only been out for a few weeks!

i'm digging the new dickinson disc right now. has anyone heard the bonus track "eternal". i have no idea why this was left off the album it's a great song. i see a lot of people like the new coc . i do but, i don't like the way the vocals are mixed (to much reverb). it makes my listening less enjoyable. the new gnr disc "chineese democracy" is good to , glad that one finally got released lol.

Blistered Earth - Blistered Earth. Released in 2004 I think, but fuck it, just heard it this year and it's the best thrash record I've heard in years.

Scar Symmetry - Symmetric in Design. Awesome melodic-death with some of the catchiest choruses in any genre of music.

Trivium - Ascendancy.

Miltbrand said:
Sentenced - The Funeral Album

Hey........ I was reading the interview with Sentenced in the new Metal Maniacs..... love the whole concept of this album.

I've never actually heard Sentenced though! **hides under desk**

So....... how good is The Funeral Album???? Is it even out yet?

In Order:
Brand New Sin - Recipe for Disaster
Strapping Young Lad - Alien
Black Label Society - Mafia

but, there are more kickass albums coming out like the new ST, the new Disturbed (yea, I like Disturbed, get over it) and more.

jageorge72 said:
Hey........ I was reading the interview with Sentenced in the new Metal Maniacs..... love the whole concept of this album.

I've never actually heard Sentenced though! **hides under desk**

So....... how good is The Funeral Album???? Is it even out yet?

Yeah it came out may 31. in Europe. Don´t know about the US though.

It´s a killer album! I think it´s one of the 3 best Sentenced albums, along with 'Amok' and 'The Cold White Light'.

You´ve never heard them?!? Well how to describe them? Hmm.... Well, they started out as a kind of Death/Dark hybrid, and have slowly developed into their own style and sound. Nowadays their style is (fuck it´s hard to describe) 'doomy rock', the only band I can think of that sound a bit like them, is Charon (also from Finland). Maybe they can described as a straightforward Katatonia...

Hey, I found their site: www.sentenced.org
There you can listen to soundclips (and decide if my description of ´em was complete bollocks :) )

Btw. they announced before the release of The Funeral Album, that they are going to split up after the tour to support the album, so it´s about the last chance to seeing them live ever!

I'll probably get bashed for this but fuck you all that would bash me for judging my taste in music. I nominate Life of Agony's Broken Valley as album of the year. It's got alot of all the right elements.