album that got mike into porcupine tree

I saw Up The Downstair in this trendy CD store in town. It REALLY fucking suprised me to see it there considering that I CANNOT find their latest albums anywhere, and out of the blue, BAM, theres one of their earliest offerings in between the POD and Puddle of Mudd...

Weird...

i think it's so cool how wilson's involvement with opeth has made so many people interested in them...and made many people fans too.
i'm one of them.
it's unbelievable, things just usually don't happen like it, two great songwriters who make fairly different music, collaborating and influencing one another.

I had a chat with Mikael about PT... if I remember correctly, "Signify" is his favourite... at least it's the one he recommended to me :D

(it's my favourite too... I have Stupid Dream, In Absentia, Lightbulb Sun and that one)

Static said:
I saw Up The Downstair in this trendy CD store in town. It REALLY fucking suprised me to see it there considering that I CANNOT find their latest albums anywhere, and out of the blue, BAM, theres one of their earliest offerings in between the POD and Puddle of Mudd...

Weird...

You did pick it up, right? The only ones I have never seen on the shelves, not counting limited releases, are SD and OTSOL...

mac said:
Yeah, like, I told you so, but you were all like "ah nawww man I heard it was crap."

That was probably the only copy to grace Brisbane for months, and some other filthy bastard probably got his hands on it now. =P

:D

nope! I went into the city yesterday and bought the fucker just in time... some cunt was looking at it when I went in!! Then his wife came over and he put it back down...YOINK! :D

and it was fucking worth it too... it rocks! :headbang:

jeanreno said:
nope! I went into the city yesterday and bought the fucker just in time... some cunt was looking at it when I went in!! Then his wife came over and he put it back down...YOINK! :D

and it was fucking worth it too... it rocks! :headbang:

Shit yeah :headbang:
I guess you win.

Haha, good thing I stashed that fucker behind the Powerman 5000 cd's, I mean, who's gonna look there?

What's the bet it takes several months for any more Porcupine Tree cd's to hit the shelves?