Albums currently kicking your ass

one of the few albums that gets BETTER with each listen :kickass::kickass::kickass:

TTB%2BSeven%2BChalices.jpg

That's straight death metal, but yeah, exceptional. I wish they would record a new album already.

Well I've heard them called both, whatever, seems a bit grindy to me.

Don't know if there will be another record as they were pretty happy with this one, there has been talk of more though.

277677.jpg

Took way too long to buy this one. made up for it by buying a shirt to go along with it.

Profanatica - Disgusting Blasphemies Against God

In case you didnt know. Absolutely hate filled sludgey black metal.

i can't get into that Confessor album. it makes for a unique listen but it's really stilted and the mechanical feel of the riffing starts to get a bit grinding, and not in the good way.

kudos to the guys who wrote it that they wrote a "technical" doom metal album, and even got it out on Earache of all places.

The stilted-ness and mechanical grinding-ness is definitely a plus for me. I can see why that wouldn't be for many (unlike the wimps and posers that dismiss it for the vocals alone :p ) but I think they had a completely unique sound that went even beyond the tech-doom labeling. Extremely busy and technical music but mood-wise very desolate as well.

212634.jpg

Beneath-The-Massacre-Incongruous.jpg

Production kinda sucks with that typical modern tech death overproduced clanky sound to it but god damn whats being played is totally owning my face right now. Enough hyperspeed technical wank outs and blast beat bombardments to satisfy me but just the right amount of variation to keep it interesting.