Albums currently kicking your ass

reverendbizarrecover.jpg

Blasting this masterpiece for the umpteenth time. I have the privilege of meeting Kimi Karki (Peter Vicar) last night at a shitty bar in the outskirts of Chicago. We discussed his academic pursuits, the loss of Jason McCash (to which he dedicated a song too), and the possibility of a Reverend Bizarre reunion. To quote "0%" chance of ever seeing them together again.

Kimi was an incredibly nice, fun, and interesting man to chat with, and I was so honored to hear him play his acoustic numbers. It's times like these that remind me how fucking much I love being into metal and meeting people I hail as heroes and having the feeling returned back to me.

/endrant

:kickass: That's awesome man. It's cool when you meet band members and they are down to earth folks.

403715.jpg

This album art sucks, but the album is really cool. DM seriously helps me be less angry :)

Kaf, gotta disagree. Don't really like green and black together, and the font is lame. I'm just really picky.

That Rites of Separation album was about AOTY for me in 2013! Amazing album really diverse sound, haven't heard the other album though.

Fen - The Malediction Fields
Fen+-+The+Malediction+Fields.jpg

if they play hathor of dendera at MDF and I'm drunk when they play it then I'll be yelling that shit all the way walking back to the hotel.

Behemoth -the Satanist
Absu- Tara + in the Eyes of Ioldanach
within Temptation - Hydra
Amaranthe- the Nexus
Persefone - Spiritual Migration

mudvayne-theendofallthingstocome.jpg

Mudvayne - The End of All Things to Come

It's been literally like 10 years since I actually listened to this all the way through. I sometimes forget how much I still love a lot of "nu metal". I still say old System of a Down, Korn, Slipknot, Kittie, and Mudvayne were good I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Fuck genre labels.

2375.jpg

Really enjoying this album. I dismissed Judas Iscariot for a long time because they are always accused of being generic. Granted, it's not the most original thing ever, but it's not generic and very well done. Very moody with lots of variety.

^Good stuff

Bloodbath-nightmares.jpg

Fucking love this one. Say what you want about Bloodbath, everytime I put them on I hear why I still love death metal.

Cult of Occult - Hic Est Domus Diaboli
YldxaQP.jpg

If you like doom/sludge that sounds like the tortured souls of Hell, I don't think you're gonna find a better album.

Meanwhile, here's another to list among the ranks of "tar-pit titan crawling his way over the landscape"

Usnea - s/t
WjLAQDel.png