Albums currently kicking your ass

Kicking my ass now:
86_darkness_descends.jpg

:kickass:

I think you'll find much better albums once you explore the genre, although that Mayhem you posted earlier is one of the all-time greats.

It does take a bit of getting used to. It's also not nearly as good as Images and Words, but pretty awesome on the whole.

Only thing I can think of is that it's pretty diverse. I don't know why you wouldn't like it though - it's not really anything you can't hear in pieces on their other albums. "6 O'Clock" and "Erotomania" are kinda quirky for DT, but both great songs.

Only thing I can think of is that it's pretty diverse. I don't know why you wouldn't like it though - it's not really anything you can't hear in pieces on their other albums. "6 O'Clock" and "Erotomania" are kinda quirky for DT, but both great songs.

Images and words just makes more sense, after that dream theater gets into this weird technical phase where melody is only slighty right, but it's just all about how crazy hard it sounds. Then they kinda bring it back to images and words era with scenes from a memory then they go off into another world after that. maybe i'm wrong...

Images and words just makes more sense, after that dream theater gets into this weird technical phase where melody is only slighty right, but it's just all about how crazy hard it sounds. Then they kinda bring it back to images and words era with scenes from a memory then they go off into another world after that. maybe i'm wrong...

Yeah, that sounds about right. I haven't heard enough of their 2000s stuff yet, but most of it seems pretty horrible.

Dream Theater has to be one of the most overrated bands that I'm aware of.

Um, they're a pretty damn crucial prog metal band. Most of their discography isn't really noteworthy, but Images and Words is a classic, as are several of the songs off SfaM.