Albums currently kicking your ass

Is that the one with all the nu-metal shit on it? I think that's why I haven't been itching to get into it.

I could swear they do cheesy breakdowns with rappish lyrics in one of the songs. I think there's also a lot of that edgy moaning/grumbling shit they do in nu-metal.

No, I wouldn't call them original, but at their best they are terrific songwriters. LaBrie has great power vocals. And if you think the complex stuff on Images and Words is pointless wankery, then I don't see how you'd think differently of any other prog band.

James LaBrie is far too angsty a singer for me, and coincidentally so are a lot of the lyrics he sings. Images and Words is their only tolerable album but realistically far from being essential or crucial to any degree in my view, although I haven't heard the debut with the other singer.

This stuff is mother fucking amazing.

images

James LaBrie is far too angsty a singer for me, and coincidentally so are a lot of the lyrics he sings. Images and Words is their only tolerable album but realistically far from being essential or crucial to any degree in my view, although I haven't heard the debut with the other singer.

Yeah, I don't know what else to say other than that I find that album beautiful. It's like a giant Little Nemo-esque childhood fantasy world rolled into the span of one hour. It's exciting and magical like a good comic book.