Albums currently kicking your ass

vampiremini.jpg

Countess - Heilig Vuur

lol. god, so much nostalgia attached to that. my posting around here was at its peak when that came out, there was loads of hype and backlash surrounding that record 'cause there was an absolute age between their releasing a couple teaser songs and actually releasing the album. i remember reserving a copy in advance and getting a nice countess patch for my troubles. i no longer care for them though really.

lol. god, so much nostalgia attached to that. my posting around here was at its peak when that came out, there was loads of hype and backlash surrounding that record 'cause there was an absolute age between their releasing a couple teaser songs and actually releasing the album. i remember reserving a copy in advance and getting a nice countess patch for my troubles. i no longer care for them though really.
I still listen to them a lot, I really appreciate their mix of MR style trad and BM, they've some killer stuff within a fairly strict and unique framework of styles. I haven't listened to 'Ancient Lies And Battle Cries' much yet though.

Temple Nightside - Condemnation is currently kicking my ass,this is great fairly cavernous Black Death but with more Heavy Metal/Trad moments than most of that stuff.

i just find them a bit cheesy and repetitive, also amateurish at times in a bad rather than charming way. they do have their moments though. have you heard SHINING SWORDS OF HATE? that's a weird one.