Albums currently kicking your ass

Runemagick-On-Funeral-Wings-Front-Cover-30922.jpg

I think the second Runemagick album is actually better than the first, both are awsome though. The later releases (like On Funeral Wings) are much more generic and uninteresting though.

That Caladan Brood album is pretty good, it was overshadowed by being released the same year as the overlord of all: Old Mornings Dawn so for a long time I didn't have the time to properly check it out (Because OMD was on repeat).

Reactions: Omni
Well with FAftS I also mentioned track 2 as one of my favourites, especially at 3:52, chills every time I swear. Track 8 is my least favourite and then 3 but obviously they're all incredible. Beyond All Horizons was my favourite for the longest time but I think Obsolete Tears has overtaken it.

With At the Gates, I really enjoy the 4 tracks mentioned on WFIKtBD but not much else. The Red in the Sky is a much better record and my favourite songs off that (Through Gardens of Grief, Kingdom Gone, Within and Neverwhere) top anything on WFIKtBD.

yeah, TRITSIO is better overall of course. those are my fav tracks on there too, along with 'city of screaming statues'. are you familiar with oxiplegatz?

I think the second Runemagick album is actually better than the first, both are awsome though. The later releases (like On Funeral Wings) are much more generic and uninteresting though.
Enter the Realm of Death is definitely one of their best. Disagree wholeheartedly though about their later albums being uninteresting. To me they're a staggeringly consistent band and albums like On Funeral Wings, Invocation of Magick and especially Dawn of the End are particualry strong showings. Really wish they'd start recording again.

High%2Bon%2BFire%2B-%2B%2BSurrounded%2Bby%2BThieves.jpg

Really underrated album, this. The production is so fucking dense and thick.