Albums currently kicking your ass

Did Type O Negative use drum machines?

Taken from the 'Dead Again' wikipedia page:

Dead Again is the seventh and final studio album by Type O Negative, released before the death of frontman Peter Steele. It was released through SPV/Steamhammer. The band uses studio drums instead of a drum machine for the first time since their third album, Bloody Kisses. Thus, it remains the only Type O Negative studio album with Johnny Kelly's actual playing, as he was only "credited" as the drummer on the three albums prior to Dead Again.[1]

from the link reference from [1] an interview with Peter Steele:

“This album was done quite differently from the past two or three,” he said. “The last album we’d done with live drums was [1993’s]Bloody Kisses. Everything after that was a drum machine. I’ve always felt that that sounded a little — even though most people didn’t realize it was programmed drums — but just to me, it sounded synthetic. I’d have to write all the songs and then come down to the band, rehearse them, and the drums would be programmed.

1935821_1079449892122065_8720238995622150642_n-960x560.jpg

Firtan - Innenwelt EP
Not a boring moment in this EP.

dystopia.jpg

Kind of sick of this album I've been playing it so much. It's been rocking my workouts.

Reactions: zerostatic
I played that album once... Got about half way through. I wasnt appalled or anything but I couldn't finish it. I should try again as background noise in my car or at work I think.

image.jpeg

I love how this album starts with the seven and a half minute instrumental fuck you named I Hate Lucy then crawls like a dying animal dragging its entrails behind it across the fucking highway.

Not exactly sure if I posted this already but this rules so much. I've honestly have had a hard time finding new black metal, but happy to come across this. Awesome epic and melodic black metal done well

wode-cover-art-640x640.jpg

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark