Albums currently kicking your ass

I always feel like Somewhere Far Beyond doesn't get the attention that it deserves by BG fans. I think it's definitely in their top 3.

thedevilsbloodcover.jpg

I've been spinning this album a lot lately. I remember not really getting into this band when my old roommates would adore them, but recently I've become mildly obsessed. What a fantastic fucking album.

I always feel like Somewhere Far Beyond doesn't get the attention that it deserves by BG fans. I think it's definitely in their top 3.

thedevilsbloodcover.jpg

I've been spinning this album a lot lately. I remember not really getting into this band when my old roommates would adore them, but recently I've become mildly obsessed. What a fantastic fucking album.

Really? I know NiME, IFtOS and ANatO get a lot of attention but I always thought Somewhere Far Beyond is (justifiably) regarded as a crucial album on their discography across the board.

I literally had to to fucking look up your stupid abbreviations. Any real Blind Guardian fan thinks that Night at the Opera is fucking gay as all fuck and Imaginations is great, but every album before it is better.

I literally had to to fucking look up your stupid abbreviations.

Yeah, sorry. I was on mobile at the time. :tickled:

Any real Blind Guardian fan thinks that Night at the Opera is fucking gay as all fuck and Imaginations is great, but every album before it is better.

I disagree but I still like every album before it as well. It isn't my favorite though. That place is reserved for albums like Imaginations from the Other Side, Nightfall in Middle-Earth, and Tales of the Twilight World (if anything, that album is more underrated, in my experience).

I literally had to to fucking look up your stupid abbreviations. Any real Blind Guardian fan thinks that Night at the Opera is fucking gay as all fuck and Imaginations is great, but every album before it is better.
Pfft, A Night at the Opera is obv great. I actually think Imaginations is maybe their most overrated album, some songs rule like the title track, I'm Alive and Bright Eyes, but some songs are just so bad, I mean how boring isn't Another Holy War for example?

SFB gets plenty of recognition. On RYM it's their second-highest rated album after Imaginations.

In my experience Tales through Nightfall seem to be considered 'peak' BG. I find all those albums pretty inconsistent and I far prefer early BG.

Currently kicking my ass:
22732.jpg

VOYAGE TO HYEEEEELLLLLLL

I really like Abysmal Grief and Black Oath too.

I tend to like the music but the accent on Italians singing English doom metal kind of grates on my ears with some guys.

Reactions: CiG
I tend to like the music but the accent

Sometimes this can be a problem for me too.

The Black!

I forget about them, I don't actually own anything though. Probably should. Doomsword are Italian aren't they?

It's not doom metal, but this is one of my favourite Italian metal albums.

7v8H8na.jpg

I also always meant to check out Steve Sylvester's solo career, which is apparently doomy.

Yeah but I always put them in the Dark Quarterer epic metal camp, still doomy though I guess.

Yeah agreed.

For newer bands there are always Thunderstorm, L'Impero delle Ombre and Doomshine.

I don't know these 3, I'll check them out. Thanks.

Just got back from a thrift hunt, feel like listening to some Mortiis. Weather-wise it's quite gloomy today.

1999.jpg

Reactions: Vilden