Albums currently kicking your ass

Yeah but I always put them in the Dark Quarterer epic metal camp, still doomy though I guess.

Yeah agreed.

For newer bands there are always Thunderstorm, L'Impero delle Ombre and Doomshine.

I don't know these 3, I'll check them out. Thanks.

Just got back from a thrift hunt, feel like listening to some Mortiis. Weather-wise it's quite gloomy today.

1999.jpg

Reactions: Vilden
Alkahest is such a pile of shit. The songs Paul Chain sings on are unbelievably generic and repetitive, the ones Dorian sings on are ruined by his horrible voice (and still mostly average anyways). Everything else I've heard from Paul Chain is so much better than that album.

Front.jpg

Kinda weird psych/punk rock hybrid, but liking it a lot.

I was just about to say that, depending on what you said about my post. It's a slight step down for sure, if "The Conqueror Worm" were left off or changed a bit so it fit the overall mood of the album, it might be on par with the debut.

Been wanting this bands albums for years but these were released on the joke rip off label Pesanta Urfolk in extremely small quantities on cassette/vinyl only. the discography was recently released as a cd box set that Dark Descent happened to have in stock during their 7 year anniv sale.

They play a hybrid of droning black/sludge metal and as far as I'm concerned the band fucking lives up to their name.
Hell1.jpg

Been wanting this bands albums for years but these were released on the joke rip off label Pesanta Urfolk in extremely small quantities on cassette/vinyl only. the discography was recently released as a cd box set that Dark Descent happened to have in stock during their 7 year anniv sale.

They play a hybrid of droning black/sludge metal and as far as I'm concerned the band fucking lives up to their name.
View attachment 6795
I take it their name is Hell?