Albums currently kicking your ass

Much more folk than metal, but damn if this aint great. It avoids the campiness vibe I get off all too much folk. There's some mild Finntroll/Moonsorrow vibes in certain moments.

R-2601304-1292598763.jpeg.jpg

@Phylactery I love it. It's a concept album in the form of a play even the album (see picture) pictures and lyrics follow it. I haven't had much time with but flipping through the lyrics it seems to be about a man named George Pickingill accused in the small town he lives in to be the devil. I think one of the main things here is the vocalist constantly changing his vocals to match specific characters in the story. The theatre geek in me eats this shit right up. I haven't read through all the lyrics yet, but there's so many musical changes it's insane. Extremely theatrical but not in a corny way. They managed to keep the dark and gritty atmosphere. I did love Haxan and Henbane, the albums before this one. I still might like Henbane the most, but this is definitely different in a good way. There's also quite a bit of sorta doomy slowed down parts too, which sorta surprised me.

Edit: you can hear samples of it here
IMG_7352.JPG