Albums currently kicking your ass

I don't mean "emo" as shorthand for emotional. I mean it, in this context, as shorthand for a kind of whiny romantic outlook, particularly one with a juvenile or youthful approach, especially awful when paired with the creepy stalker vibes Watching from a Distance provides. It's basically dear diary doom metal. Dear diary, today I stalked this attractive young woman. Dear diary, when will she notice me?

your interpretation implies you haven't exactly read the lyrics very closely so idk why i'm bothering really, but i'd argue that aside from the occasional on-the-nose line it's quite mature, in the sense of being weathered and weighed down by painful, hard-earned self-knowledge. there is a childlike sense of wonder and hope shining through it, but that's a far cry from the kind of teenybopper shit you're trying to compare it to.

Reactions: CiG
your interpretation implies you haven't exactly read the lyrics very closely so idk why i'm bothering really, but i'd argue that aside from the occasional on-the-nose line it's quite mature, in the sense of being weathered and weighed down by painful, hard-earned self-knowledge. there is a childlike sense of wonder and hope shining through it, but that's a far cry from the kind of teenybopper shit you're trying to compare it to.

It's an incredibly beta whine fest of epic proportions. I gave it a fair shot and it made me disgusted at the person that wrote it.

613755.jpg

Cultes des Ghoules

It's really not. Patrick Walker sings in a much more dramatic style and uses vibrato. They're both tenors and that's where the similarity ends.

His vocals on The Strength to Dream are more similar to Ozzy's, but his main influence at that time is probably actually Bobby Liebling. Between the two albums, he had professional training and worked as an actor in the theater.