4. Once Sent from the Golden Hall
5. With Oden on Our Side
6. Twilight of the Thunder God
7. Fate of Norns
8. The Crusher
9. Jomsviking
10. Deceiver of the Gods
11. Surtur Rising

No way Surtur Rising is inferior to Deceiver of the Gods and Jomsviking. To me, Jomsviking is their worst output up so far. Also, I don't know how you can rank The Avenger at the very top of your list and The Crusher further down the pecking order as they are really similar in quality.

Also, I don't know how you can rank The Avenger at the very top of your list and The Crusher further down the pecking order as they are really similar in quality.

Totally disagree.

The Crusher
is totally clunky and the production is way off. The riffs are so second-rate.

No way Surtur Rising is inferior to Deceiver of the Gods and Jomsviking.

Those last 3 albums are essentially interchangeable to me but with slight improvements in production.

immolationhereinafter_zps1445f38d.jpg

a3975390816_10.jpg

Yog Sothoths - Black Power Metal

Dude on RYM just introduced me to them, sort of unwieldy Destruction/Insanity-esque stuff getting reissued by NWN. Great riffing and arrangements so far.

Havent heard it for a while, but its a pretty good rockin' heavy metal album. Sometimes, that's all a guy needs.

Reactions: CiG
^ I like that album once in every three listens or so. The approach is nice, loose proggy metal that bears some of Samuelson's classic groove, but sometimes it tries to be jazzy and alt in the wrong way and sounds obnoxious.