Albums currently kicking your ass

sepultura-schizophrenia-coloured-vinyl-1.jpg

An unceasingly impressive album.

Spheres is by no means my favorite album of its kind and certainly not my favorite from Pestilence but it's a good album regardless.

IMG_2279.JPG

Took a picture of my copy since I couldn't find a big one of this album art online. Not uber rare or anything but makes Solstice look like a black metal band on this one.

Reactions: Vilden and CiG
... but didn't you used to cry about others posting big album covers in the past?

I dont remember really tbh. Maybe I did before the forum changed? The pictures are automatically resized now if they're really big so they dont break the page any more, unless you actually click it.

demonbitch_hellfriends.jpg

The vocalist in some weird way makes me think of Anne Rice's depiction of vampires as a kind of romantic, dainty aristocracy. He also kind of reminds me of a younger, less refined Toshimitsu Deyama.

This is a really cool album and this is the first time I've been able to sit down properly and digest it since it was first released. I like the production job quite a lot, it reminds me of the NWOBHM era's production style where all instruments could be heard and nothing sounded too crisp or bombastic. Basically it still has the hard rock sound of the 1970's in terms of how it is mixed and mastered.

I dont remember really tbh. Maybe I did before the forum changed? The pictures are automatically resized now if they're really big so they dont break the page any more, unless you actually click it.

That reminds me of a time years ago on The Gauntlet when a newbie came in with a wallpaper-sized Lamb of God picture for his sig. Obviously, he was told to resize it, but it was such a hilariously flagrant violation of common sense to even have such a thing in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG