Albums currently kicking your ass

232095.jpg

really digging this, appreciate the rec V. Now I have to see what else they have done.

Yeah I'm serious. I can tell from the reviews on Metal Archives that people either love it or loath it though. I am familiar with their early work as well by the way.

2v9acgg.jpg

Weird stuff... I'm tempted to check out their only full length... but it was released 8 years before this... so I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

How does this album compare to The Rack? I've listened to that album as much as any of my other favorite metal albums I can think of...it's truly great. I've been hesitant to check out their other material for fear that their later works won't compare to the debut (which is often a sad truth in metal).

If that album or any of their others come close to their classic, please bring them to my attetion.

It's similarly drawn out and sufficiently doomy...the only thing missing is lack of Van Drunen...if you don't feel Van Drunen is THE necessary aspect of their music (he really isn't, though he is awesome, and the new shit with him will rule) then it's worth a shot.

and_oceans_amgod.jpg

Don't ask me why, I just can't quit listening to it. Finds its way into my Ipod playlist way too often.

zwm3w0.jpg

Pulmonary Fibrosis is an absolutely punishing goregrind band.

Gutslit, however, is even better still. They're a slam and goregrind bastard child and their three tracks fucking slay. Boiled in Bile is devastatingly powerful. :kickass: