Albums currently kicking your ass

661.jpg

Darkthrone does death metal!

I despise Darkthrone's black metal music and what it (and Burzum, which I have many more reasons for despising) did to black metal in general, and the fact that they made A Blaze in the Northern Sky a year later is truly tragic. They really made some awesome technical death metal.

Because I hate the role they played. Pantera played a very big role in the '90s metal scene and I hate them, too. Emperor and Mayhem actually strove to become tighter, more talented, and more ambitious with each release (compare De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas to Deathcrush or Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk with Wrath of the Tyrant), Darkthrone threw all of their musicianship and songwriting ability out the window and released droning, repetitive music that "hypnotizes" some people but only serves to bore the hell out of me.

Darkthrone are a bore to listen to, and so are Varg and all of their followers. I'd just pass them and Burzum up as not worth consideration except for the fact that they hold more influence than just about any other black metal band ever, Mayhem included.

661.jpg

Darkthrone does death metal!

I despise Darkthrone's black metal music and what it (and Burzum, which I have many more reasons for despising) did to black metal in general, and the fact that they made A Blaze in the Northern Sky a year later is truly tragic. They really made some awesome technical death metal.

Id have to agree that soulside journey is pretty much the only darkthrone album i enjoy enough to listen to frequently.

Transilvanian Hunger and Under a Funeral Moon are enjoyable once in a while.

Listening to black metal more made me appreciate the minimalistic aspects less, and once I really got into heavy, thrash, and prog, I lost any appreciation whatsoever. There is no substitute for riffs.

Thou Art Lord - Orgia Daemonicum

is currently kicking my ass.

also i highly recommend "advent parallax" by averse sefira. the drumming is superb and it's just a great album even though the band members appear to be dolts.

Blood Rainbow - Smelterings Of Damnation (hilarious name, good stuff)
Blaze Inside - Pure Potenciality
Dead Congregation - Purifying Consecrated Ground
Arhont - Arhont
Candlebox - Into The Sun
Shade Empire - Sinthetic