Albums currently kicking your ass

Listening to black metal more made me appreciate the minimalistic aspects less, and once I really got into heavy, thrash, and prog, I lost any appreciation whatsoever. There is no substitute for riffs.

Lol, you're going backwards

Listening to black metal more made me appreciate the minimalistic aspects less, and once I really got into heavy, thrash, and prog, I lost any appreciation whatsoever. There is no substitute for riffs.

You enjoy it someday, maybe when you become older.

y1p9ed4cK-WI3goytkmRCKxpSjhlarS-5g3NHWk0dX73gdPNHrWqign5A

508999.jpg

The Angels of Light - Everything Is Good Here/Please Come Home
The Angels of Light - We Are Him

Lol, you're going backwards
Backwards? There is no fixed progression of metal genres--other genres have continued to develop after the arrival of the second wave--prog metal's standards for instrumental insanity continued to rise throughout the '90s even as black metal went the other way.

Also, if you really think later music is better than early music, I raise you hundreds of godawful metalcore shit bands that piss on the legacy of the thrash and death metal bands they borrow from. Metal will never be what it was in 1985-92.

Meanwhile...

1416.jpg

"SCREAM AND THRASH YOUR HEAD, TURN AROUND, NOW YOU'RE DEAD!":headbang:

Also, if you really think later music is better than early music, I raise you hundreds of godawful metalcore shit bands that piss on the legacy of the thrash and death metal bands they borrow from. Metal will never be what it was in 1985-92.

I would change it to 1970.

The Clash - Combat Rock

It isn't as good or ahead of its time as London Calling but it still kicks ass.

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome

I've listened to those albums 578454857 times before, but it's still kicking major ass :headbang:

Equilibrium - Sagas

Oh my god this album is amazing....I never liked the band before (didn't see the big deal about their first album) but Sagas is just amazing. I can't get enough of it :kickass:

Absurd - Facta Loquuntur
Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics
Negative Approach - Total Recall
Black Flag - Damaged
Alice In Chains - Alice In Chains