Albums currently kicking your ass

unexpect_fleshaquarium.jpg

only it's more like an invisible kick in the ass, as I have no idea what the fuck is going on :lol:

Pestilence "Consuming Impulse"
Pestilence "Spheres"
Tyr "Ragnarok"

All these albums have been kicking my ass. I feel rather n00bish though because I'm late getting into both bands... :(

I have heard a lot of Pestilence stuff but never had any of their albums until recently & they fucking slay. "Consuming Impulse" is one of the best Death Metal albums I've ever heard. "Spheres" is also awesome.

Tyr... OMGOMGOMG. This album slays the shit out of any other Folk Metal I've ever heard. It makes Ensiferum look like a cunt stain.

d18d36a188e5d6dfa32b4a9a754b1019.jpg

Blotted Science - The Machinations of Dementia

Alex Webster is amazing on this disc!!

You are my friend. Ron Jarzombek is fucking GOD. I've been meaning to take a deeper look into Watchtower recently.

Have you ever heard Art Metal with Mattias Eklundh, Jonas Hellborg & the Johansson brothers? I've been listening to them a bit lately.

Tyr... OMGOMGOMG. This album slays the shit out of any other Folk Metal I've ever heard. It makes Ensiferum look like a cunt stain.

Maybe I'll have to check that one out then, because every other Tyr album I've heard has bored the shit out of me. I always think the melodies are bland, the tone/dynamics monotonous, and it seems like they never build up to their potential.

You are my friend. Ron Jarzombek is fucking GOD. I've been meaning to take a deeper look into Watchtower recently.

Have you ever heard Art Metal with Mattias Eklundh, Jonas Hellborg & the Johansson brothers? I've been listening to them a bit lately.

I can't say that I have. I have a few other recordings of Jonas. I will need to locate this and give it a listen.

Thanks for the heads up!

Maybe I'll have to check that one out then, because every other Tyr album I've heard has bored the shit out of me. I always think the melodies are bland, the tone/dynamics monotonous, and it seems like they never build up to their potential.

I think you should check it out. Just don't expect cheese like Ensiferum. Don't get me wrong, I like Ensiferum, but they can be fucking cheesey & a lot of their music is not very concise.

Opinions are pretty different, tbh. Some say it's cool, some say it's crappy.
I think it's cool. I can PM(S) you with the link, so you'll listen and decide if you should buy the CD or not.

I'm liking Helstar's Nosferatu more with each listen, despite the fact that the vocals make me cringe at times. The 8th and 9th tracks are weak, the rest is very solid.