Albums currently kicking your ass

Incubus-Beyond-the-Unknown.jpg

Lizard Dance has been on repeat this week. "You can't cook soup on me. "
I'd say that this is the song with the craziest vocal parts on the entire album, especially the last lines "And now give me my swim mask, I want to explore this kettle!", and the most obvious connection to the cover artwork.

I'd say that this is the song with the craziest vocal parts on the entire album, especially the last lines "And now give me my swim mask, I want to explore this kettle!", and the most obvious connection to the cover artwork.
Probably my favorite showing from Miss Monika, though "Miss Loona's Speech" from the Tactile Gemma album is up there too.

154.jpg

vektor-outerisolationcover-300x300.jpg

:kickass: Vektor's best album! There isn't a weak song on this one. I saw these guys play in November of 2010 at a show that included Warbringer, Hexen, and Hatchet and they were the best band of the night by far.

They're one of the best bands I've ever seen period. I saw them back when Black Future was their only album in a small warehouse show. They brought this massive rack on wheels and blew away pretty much any performance I've ever seen at a real venue. Especially for $7

Really glad they're back on the ball and coming out with a new album. I hate the bullshit people are putting Dave through right now.

Reactions: zerostatic
Probably my favorite showing from Miss Monika, though "Miss Loona's Speech" from the Tactile Gemma album is up there too.
The latter is also one of my favourites. What makes it extra-special is that the lyrics were very inspiring for me and set free some creativity. BTW, did you ever check out the two interviews with Monika?

805750.jpg

I did, as well as the Ann-Mari one. A shame about the "Blackberry Jam" video being owned by the TV company. Would love to see Monkia's puppetry work and visual art.
As regards her puppetry work, you still find a few short clips with some of her freaks on what seems to be her youtube-channel - no new clips there since 2012, thus she probably has abandoned it. Some of the few remnants of her work still to be found on the net. There are some egg-slicer-parts in this clip featuring Rødingen (who first appeared on the cover of "Terrestrials" and then again below the lyrics of "Secondhand Traumas" in the CD-booklet of "Orgasm") and there's also a clip showing nearly all of her freaks here.

Just found another two songs here and here (with more egg-slicer music) and a gallery of pictures of her freaks here.

Oh nice I might have to check that one out, been in a death/doom mood lately. The only other 2020 album on my radar is the new Saltas album.
It looks like Saltas has two releases this year, I'll have to check em out. But I fucking love Finnish death/doom, so Saltas better bring their A-game.

Reactions: CiG
I'll definitely be checking out that Solothus album. Summoned from the Void was excellent. Primed for new Saltas too.

As regards her puppetry work, you still find a few short clips with some of her freaks on what seems to be her youtube-channel - no new clips there since 2012, thus she probably has abandoned it. Some of the few remnants of her work still to be found on the net. There are some egg-slicer-parts in this clip featuring Rødingen (who first appeared on the cover of "Terrestrials" and then again below the lyrics of "Secondhand Traumas" in the CD-booklet of "Orgasm") and there's also a clip showing nearly all of her freaks here.

Just found another two songs here and here (with more egg-slicer music) and a gallery of pictures of her freaks here.
Good find. Will investigate.

2299.jpg

Havok-TimeIsUp.jpg

:kickass::headbang: One of my top albums from 2011 and one of my favorite thrash albums from the last decade. Scumbag in Disguise, Killing Tendencies, Covering Fire, and D.O.A. are favorites but there isn't really a weak song on the album. I saw them live several times when they toured in support of this album and they always put on a killer show! I keep hoping they will release another great album like Time is Up but I don't see it happening.

Reactions: Baroque