Albums currently kicking your ass

idk if that’s controversial, it’s a lot higher rated on rym for example. it’s more professional and consistent at least, and i suppose a majority of people would prefer the production although i’m not one of them. definitely one of the best trad metal albums of the 2010s but i prefer MFH’s relative uniqueness and otherworldliness and high peaks and amazing vocal performance myself. don’t think i know anyone who loves MFH as much as i do though.

Reactions: CiG
I definitely prefer Metal from Hell's production too. I think what tips the scale towards BTHOTD for me is just the drumming, it's so fucking intense. It doesn't (or shouldn't) really fit the rest of the music but that just makes it all the more cool to me. I 100% agree that the vocal performance is better on MFH though, that album has a certain wild abandon that you don't come across often.

godflesh1988.jpg

337006.jpg

Faustcoven should be much more popular. Gunnar rules. One of the best vocalists going.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, agree on that - not to take anything away from the keyboards on the album (which I think are a big factor in its atmosphere) there's parts and melodies on there just screaming for the violin!

Saying that, it's still probably my favourite. And probably them at their darkest? Regardless, great, great album for me.