Albums currently kicking your ass

404258.jpg

How do you judge this album next to the previous two? I really enjoyed both Profane Nexus and the one before it, but I guess this new one is even less accessible, if it's even possible talk about accessibility of Incantation's music.

Profane Nexus and Dirges of Elysium are a lot better in my opinion. Not sure about accessibility, I think the new one is probably more accessible than most of their material.

How did you like Tragic Idol? People usually say The Plague Within is their best work after One Second.
I liked Tragic Idol fine but The Plague Within is really strong. Really the best works after One Second are Believe in Nothing and Symbol of Life. Those albums should have been much, much bigger. Alt metal from that time period done right. It's funny reading reviews of their post-2002 output as opinions differ when they started retreating back to a more familiar sound. Some say its the '05 S/T, others In Requiem.

710DlHNrsSL._SL1500_.jpg

I liked Tragic Idol fine but The Plague Within is really strong. Really the best works after One Second are Believe in Nothing and Symbol of Life. Those albums should have been much, much bigger. Alt metal from that time period done right. It's funny reading reviews of their post-2002 output as opinions differ when they started retreating back to a more familiar sound. Some say its the '05 S/T, others In Requiem.

710DlHNrsSL._SL1500_.jpg

Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us is also a very strong return to form. However, I'm really surprised by your opinion on Believe in Nothing. Usually, fans slate that album, and so do the band members themselves. They were dissatisfied with the production and general quality of the songs on the LP. I, for one, enjoy that album, but I'd never say it's one of their best post-One Second releases. It has one of my fav PL songs ever though, in the form of "Mouth".

Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us is also a very strong return to form. However, I'm really surprised by your opinion on Believe in Nothing. Usually, fans slate that album, and so do the band members themselves. They were dissatisfied with the production and general quality of the songs on the LP. I, for one, enjoy that album, but I'd never say it's one of their best post-One Second releases. It has one of my fav PL songs ever though, in the form of "Mouth".
Sorry to say that while I loved Faith Divides Us from a production standpoint and Holmes sounds great, not too many of the songs grabbed me. Tragic Idol was stronger to me, though keep in mind again all the post-Symbol of Life stuff is first time listens so far.

On Believe in Nothing, yes, I've noticed the lashing its gotten throughout the years. It does seem to be a case of the band being its worst critics. Actually, some of the stuff that Holmes has said about the album I find the most interesting, about how it just takes him back to a bad time, heavy depression, medication, ect... I think he said something to the effect of the bees on the original cover was what the inside of his head was like at the time and he hates it. I really like that cover. They have softened their tone somewhat since the remaster, and Holmes did post a video celebrating the 20th anniversary (feel fucking old?) of the album last week. Mouth is a great song. Such a gnarly riff. I just really resonated with that album and have been listening to it a lot recently not even aware it was 20 years old already. Actually...

3022.jpg

Reactions: EspaDa