Albums currently kicking your ass

MS02ODYwLmpwZWc.jpeg

old-no-brain.gif

you reminded me to relisten to the new one and i bumped it a half-star. some of the guitar-work is really weird and expressive, i think it's all the non-metal influence. actually the most metal parts are probably the parts i care for the least tbh.

you reminded me to relisten to the new one and i bumped it a half-star. some of the guitar-work is really weird and expressive, i think it's all the non-metal influence. actually the most metal parts are probably the parts i care for the least tbh.

Haven't listened to the new one yet but I know what you mean about the guitarwork. I don't have an issue with the metal parts as I fundamentally love this kind of doom-infused first-wave BM sound which in itself is not all that common but at least established, but every now and then there's some holy fuck melody out of nowhere and I can't compare it to anything anymore. If you didn't see my edit in the last post, check out "Grey Wolf" on the last one for one of the most spine-tingling lead melodies I've heard in a long time.

yeah i was pretty into that album a few years back but haven't heard it in a while. listening to that song now and the opening/ending is doomier than anything on the new one, and the passages you're talking about are great (it feels strongly influenced by the more melodic/emotional side of punk to me) although i'm less into the first wave BM and crust aspects.