Albums currently kicking your ass

I was digging on Individual Thought Patters & Symbolic earlier this afternoon.

Symbolic is bitchin. I spend a lot of time learning to play and sing those songs. He tends to not sing with the riff like most people would. I like it. Kinda challenging.

Right now Exhumed-"Gore Metal". Nothing different than Impaled. Which is nothing different and certainly not better than Carcass. But just cool listening.

My favorite song on Open the Gates is 'The Ninth Wave Wave'. It's just so megaultrasuperepic! Witches Brew is probably nr2 though.

My favorite song on Open the Gates is 'The Ninth Wave Wave'. It's just so megaultrasuperepic! Witches Brew is probably nr2 though.

absolutely,this band bloody rules,it's a damn shame they will never get the respect they so deserve!!:kickass:
Current 93 is also kicking my ass as i write this,i so love this band also!!

Kiuas - the Spirit of Ukko
Mercenary all albums
Sentenced - Cold White Ligt
Sebastian Bach - Angel Down
Skid Row - Skid Row
Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe

Ugh.

The only great Norther album was Death Unlimited.

Dream of Endless War is pretty much their best album, Death Unlimited is just ok, I haven't listened to Mirror of Madness, N sucks ass, I dont know what happened to Petri's voice, and I don't know what happened to the band, from phenomenal band, to ok, to shite.

Kiuas - the Spirit of Ukko

Fuckin' hell yeah. :kickass:

Dream of Endless War is pretty much their best album, Death Unlimited is just ok, I haven't listened to Mirror of Madness, N sucks ass, I dont know what happened to Petri's voice, and I don't know what happened to the band, from phenomenal band, to ok, to shite.

Fair enough. I think Death Unlimited is a fairly good album. But in all honesty, I really don't listen to Norther at all anymore. They get stale pretty quick.

Fugazi - Repeater
Murderdolls - Beyond the Valley of the Murderdolls
Pentagram - Relentless
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Current 93 is also kicking my ass as i write this,i so love this band also!!
I can't make up my mind about them. Some stuff really rules some just do nothing for me. For example Soft Black Stars. It has some GREAT moving songs but the whole album just gets boring and repeating itself after the first few tracks imo.

I've always been more of a Sol Invictus fan myself.

Ugh.

The only great Norther album was Death Unlimited.

Que?? "Mirror of Madness" is definitely their best IMO, with "Dreams of Endless War" being their 2nd best. "Death Unlimited" was simply OK I would say.

One thing about Norther is that their guitar solos are far less challenging than Children of Bodom's. Many times Norther's keyboard parts are much better though.

manillaroadvoyagerfrontdw9.jpg

Symbolic is bitchin. I spend a lot of time learning to play and sing those songs. He tends to not sing with the riff like most people would. I like it. Kinda challenging.
I had lots of fun learning how to play Crystal Mountain and 1000 Eyes off of Symbolic. The album kicks serious amounts of ass...its full of tasty riffs.

Bullshit. Fucking bullshit. The Doors were great, but nowhere near the fucking "best classic rock band."

I would at least put them in the top 10 I think. They were fucking revolutionary, emotionally gripping on an almost mystical level, and wrote some of the most interesting songs ever (until Jim died, of course).