Albums currently kicking your ass

Kvist+-+For+Kunsten+Maa+Vi+Evig+Vike+%281995%29.jpg

Lots of talk about this recently becasue of the re-issue. Put it on for the first time in a while. Great stuff. The song Min Lekam Er Meg Blott en Byrde is playing now and it is rather excellent.

Way to pull the Pumpkins card...that's almost cheating. Now I can't say no.

Ya, I may have to check them out now too. The Pumpkins were huge for me back in High School. They were my "I am so depressed I don't even want to move" band. I didn't listen to them for a long time becasue whenever i did it reminded me of specific times in my life and just bummed me out.

Ya, I may have to check them out now too. The Pumpkins were huge for me back in High School. They were my "I am so depressed I don't even want to move" band. I didn't listen to them for a long time becasue whenever i did it reminded me of specific times in my life and just bummed me out.

Same here. I still throw them on often though. Their lyrics are very much my life. Especially the song 'Mayonaise'. In fact, I might describe that song in the lyric interpretations thread. That song would be me projecting. It's a mix of heroin, sadness, failure, and more sadness.

I always thought it was funny that everyone loves that song because it sounds all bright and happy or whatever...but the song is not at all about being happy. No one typically gets what he means by "Today is the greatest day"...

It's about suicide. He's says "Today is the greatest day I've ever known. Can't live for tomorrow...tomorrow's much too long". It's the greatest day because he doesn't have to see another. You're right to feel the way you do when listening to it. You should be able to feel the topic or the song is ineffective.