Albums currently kicking your ass

I really enjoyed that Dead Congregation album as well.

What albums I'm listening to most this week:

Suspiria - Drama
Christian Death - Death Club 1981-1993
Echo & The Bunnymen - Heaven Up Here
The New Creatures - Cunning, Baffling, Powerful!
Chants of Maldoror - Thy Hurting Heaven

Well, for me personally, death metal doesn't usually stand out to me on the level that other styles of music do, and often I find it quite boring. I do like that album though, if I was rating it I'd probably give it an 8/10.

^ Great album

@ Cyth I'm not offended. It just wasn't even funny.

Let's recap:

Dakryn said:
btw Cyth, your new sig is the most retarded way to express athiestic beliefs...... ever

What the hell am I supposed to gather from the above? I was not expressing atheist beliefs, and if what you meant to say was merely that you didn't find my sig funny then you wouldn't have brought up the notion of expressing "athiestic" beliefs. And my signature was not intended to make anybody laugh, so shut the fuck up.

As I recall, you don't really like black metal, so I couldn't tell if you were joking or not. Plus, it is hard to detect sarcasm over the internet. And yes, I am sure The Greys would actually agree with that statement.

I listen to a little black metal. I don't think I listen to enough of it to actually have a really good opinion on it really. The black metal I own I like, if that tells you anything.

Black metal is an acquired taste. It's ok not to like it, but ignorant to say all if it sucks (like The Greys does). There is plenty of music I don't like, but I just say that I hate it, and not that it sucks.

I listen to a little black metal. I don't think I listen to enough of it to actually have a really good opinion on it really. The black metal I own I like, if that tells you anything.

Same here. I've probably heard a lot more, but we are still in the same boat. The black metal albums I actually do like enjoy a lot and it's hard for me to actually find albums within the genre and just have never heard a style that has more shit in it than any others. I eventually got sick of just wasting time checking out the genre because can't find anything I actually really like and the bands that get the most praise and most acceptence like old Immortal,Darkthrone,etc.. find terrible and also suicidal BM and just general BM.

My favorite BM band/project is Diabolical Masquerade which is guitarist Blakkheim from Katatonia and Bloodbaths solo project with Dan Swano. I'm a big fan of Blakkheims guitar playing so it might have something to do with it.

Diabolical Masquerade(check it). I'm just curious what you like for BM.

Last edited by a moderator:
deathcult20for20eternitsk5.jpg

Same here. I've probably heard a lot more, but we are still in the same boat. The black metal albums I actually do like enjoy a lot and it's hard for me to actually find albums within the genre and just have never heard a style that has more shit in it than any others. I eventually got sick of just wasting time checking out the genre because can't find anything I actually really like and the bands that get the most praise and most acceptence like old Immortal,Darkthrone,etc.. find terrible and also suicidal BM and just general BM.
I agree that there are a lot of shitty black metal bands out there. Some bedroom black metal (ie shitty raw black metal) is so bad that I can't even get through listening to the whole CD when I'm listening to it for the first time. And there are a lot of bands like that out there. However, there is shit in every genre. Not saying that it's all crap, but I like almost no stoner doom, and I like almost no sludge as well. It's largely a matter of preference. But if you don't like Darkthrone, Immortal, or Mayhem, then black metal may not be for you.