Albums currently kicking your ass

61kEtmzCa4L.jpg

Can't sleep so i'm up at 2am drinking beer and thought i'd listen to some Sacriphyx in anticipation of the new split.These guys are fucking awesome!
images

http://www.obsidianrecords.com/store/images/star-sacri.jpg
Dunno what the fuck happened there,anyway Sacriphyx-Lone Pine and the Stargazer/Sacriphyx are kicking my date atm! Somebody needs to upload Sacriphyx-Victory Of Withdrawal to youtube if it is'nt already there!

29314.jpg

I have the '97 reissue. It's far from my favorite Steele record (so I guess I wouldn't say the album is kicking my ass), but it's got some classic tunes on it; "Perfect Mansions (Moutains of the Sun)," "The Burning of Rome," and "Serpent's Kiss" are all so fucking epic.

It really is about as good as you're likely to get these days until a new Doomsword album but I really like it so far...not just really like,it's fucking fantastic but i need to give it more time.It's a massive album and the only thing I can find to whinge about atm is that they've got a better production this time.It does'nt hurt it in the least and you really don't notice because the songs kick ass.I rate the new Slough Feg higher than the Atlantean Kodex which says alot for the new Slough Feg but it's still a monumental album.

Their new album is the biggest disappointment of the year.

I don't know about biggest disappointment, but I was somewhat disappointed. "No World for Tomorrow" was outstanding, so I had high hopes for the new album, especially with the addition of Chris Pennie, but instead they took a very mild approach and other than a handful of tracks its a very forgettable album.

I don't know about biggest disappointment, but I was somewhat disappointed. "No World for Tomorrow" was outstanding, so I had high hopes for the new album, especially with the addition of Chris Pennie, but instead they took a very mild approach and other than a handful of tracks its a very forgettable album.

Yeah, I also found "No World for Tomorrow" to be disappointing at first, but it grow on me and I end up enjoying it a lot. I think Ive heard "Year of the Black Rainbow" 4-5 times, but I dont remember a single song of it and Ive just given it up. Lacking everything that was good about them. The "Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV" albums are outstanding though.

the-golden-bough-atlantean-kodex.jpg

Hell fucking yes. And dude, I'm on my 4th listen of this today. Blows Slough Feg's newest the fuck out of the water (and I love the shit out of that!)

Dunno what the fuck happened there,anyway Sacriphyx-Lone Pine and the Stargazer/Sacriphyx are kicking my date atm! Somebody needs to upload Sacriphyx-Victory Of Withdrawal to youtube if it is'nt already there!

And what an agonizing wait this is. I take it you got the email about international orders possibly taking a bit longer than usual? ARRRRGH. Haven't been this pumped to hear some new tracks for ages.

Yeah man that's pretty normal,he always sends that email when he gets new albums back from the press,you and me both should get it very shortly,I can't fucking wait mate!These Sacriphyx tunes are gonna fucking rule,no ifs or buts !
51q5h7kYf9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beer and Barbatos is a fucking win/win situation!