Albums currently kicking your ass

Absu's album covers are so win. This one reminds me a bit of a Sailor Moon villain, but still manages to be awesome.

absu-barathrumvitriol_LRG.jpg

offal-cover-macabre_rampages_and_splatter_savages460.jpg

Every time. :kickass:
I'm checking this out, please tell me the music is better than the cover art. :erk:

dark+funeral+-+attera+totus+sanctus.jpg

I don't reckon these guys deserve all the hate they receive...who gives a fuck if they're popular? Apparently the title is actually a Latin grammatical error (correct me on this Zeph), with "Destroy All the Holy" being the intended title. This is what Wikipedia thinks;
Strangely, the Latin title of the album contains a grammatical error. 'Totus Sanctus' alone would seem to refer to either a single 'holy man' or a single 'holy' object which is associated with the male grammatical gender. Being the direct object of the imperative verb 'Attera,' 'Totus Sanctus' would be more correctly rendered 'Totum Sanctum.'

Schwärzung;9607885 said:
Apparently the title is actually a Latin grammatical error (correct me on this Zeph), with "Destroy All the Holy" being the intended title. This is what Wikipedia thinks;

Yeah it should be "Attera TotUM SanctUM". I know enough Latin language. Also "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" should be "...SatanAE", and without h.

Schwärzung;9607885 said:
I'm checking this out, please tell me the music is better than the cover art. :erk:

The music is awesome, if you like osdm soaked in horror movie vibes. I kinda like the goofy album art, tbh.

Jethro Tull's "Rock Island" right now, since I've moved my computer into a smaller room so my little daughter can have the bigger room and now I have my four speakers in the right place with two behind me.
Four speakers in the right places fucking rock (island)!

WUTHERING%20HEIGHTS-SALT.jpg

More people NEED to know about these guys. One of the best damn folk/power metal acts I ever did hear.

I've heard within, far from the maddening crowd, and the shadow cabinent. My opinion; Poor song structure, awkward transitions. The singer from Astral Doors doesn't help any if your songs are a complete mess. Not even close to being the best. No way.

The music is awesome, if you like osdm soaked in horror movie vibes. I kinda like the goofy album art, tbh.
Holy fuck dude, I now love you for posting this. Packs everything I love about OSDM into one package and I'm really digging the Chris Barnes-esque vocals.

Schwärzung;9607885 said:

dark+funeral+-+attera+totus+sanctus.jpg

I don't reckon these guys deserve all the hate they receive...who gives a fuck if they're popular? Apparently the title is actually a Latin grammatical error (correct me on this Zeph), with "Destroy All the Holy" being the intended title. This is what Wikipedia thinks;

I actually like that band, and LOVE that album. Final Ritual, in particular, is a really great track that, while not exactly innovative, still stomps my ass hard. GREAT way to close the album.

Godhate is my favourite track on it; I found myself singing the "Guilty! Guilty! You'll die upon your cross..." in a really raspy voice at work last night...until I realised a customer was watching me and it was dead quiet. :lol:

Schwärzung;9609101 said:
Cheers mate, I'll give them a listen later on tonight. :)

Granted they arent really stylistically similar to Offal at all, yes Ghoul is a good band. Maniaxe is their best album, imo. I could beat you to death with horror death metal bands.