Albums currently kicking your ass

Back on this kick:

fnrEC.jpg

wait... what the fuck?!

edit: lol okay this will probably end up being my guilty pleasure of the year. it's a much better sellout-shit sound than Amoral anyway!

Bahahahaha, this is friggin' great.

Anyone knows more bands that shifted styles so boldly as this band?

Darkspace is truly one of a kind and difficult to describe. "Ambient Black Metal" just doesn't do them justice. I can't wait to see the Lynyrd Skynyrd and Guns N Roses fans reactions when they see Darkspace playing one of the side stages at this years Hellfest.

I don't know about very favorite, but it's incredible. Top 10 material for certain. Only Epicus Doomicus Metallicus can equal it in terms of atmosphere and passion.

acid_bath_-_when_the_kite_string_pops.jpg

Just bought this today, and not disappointing so far.

I keep a mental list of albums that I know will be awesome, but that I'll wait on to avoid depleting all potential greats too quickly.

I keep a mental list of albums that I know will be awesome, but that I'll wait on to avoid depleting all potential greats too quickly.

Fair enough. Its just always weird to see people just getting into music that I've been listening to for a decade and a half. If you haven't make sure to check out all of the other things Dax has done since Acid Bath.

Fair enough. Its just always weird to see people just getting into music that I've been listening to for a decade and a half. If you haven't make sure to check out all of the other things Dax has done since Acid Bath.

Well think about all the music that came out before you started getting into it. It's tough to stumble your way into recordings that came out before you were really on top of the scene since they aren't discussed all that often. I completely missed Incantation until about a month ago, same with Neurosis.

I try to devour as much music as I can, but obviously most of it is presented as it comes out, so knowing where all the gems are from 10+ years ago can be tricky.

Well think about all the music that came out before you started getting into it. It's tough to stumble your way into recordings that came out before you were really on top of the scene since they aren't discussed all that often. I completely missed Incantation until about a month ago, same with Neurosis.

I try to devour as much music as I can, but obviously most of it is presented as it comes out, so knowing where all the gems are from 10+ years ago can be tricky.

I'm fully aware of WHY it happens mind you. It just still manages to catch me off guard.

This is the best cover I've ever seen.

Pretty nifty album as well.