Weapon - From the Devil's Tomb
Dc5oV.jpg

Belphegor - Blood Magick Necromance
6MrHk.jpg

Indian - Guiltless
HLbVT.jpg

6872.jpg

Argentum - Ad Interitum Funebrarum

Such a hidden gem. Think a base of doom/black/death -- doomy riffs, very unique vocals(somewhat reminiscent of Negative Plane at times, and at others sounding like a reptilian rasp), gorgeous and plentiful lead guitar work abound, and keyboards which provide a superbly mystical atmosphere. This is an album which transcends any specific genre. I highly implore everyone to check this underrated masterpiece out as I really struggle to describe it properly.

Definitely a cool band, I'm surprised I don't have this one in my collection already.

And speaking of hidden gems, how about Nahash's Wellone Aeternitas? I was in the mood to give this CD a spin and I was instantly reminded of how great it was. The vocalist's approach is similar to Varg's, maybe a bit deeper, fuller and there's also some clean vocals too. And musically, it's very well written with a strong atmospheric presence like that of Negura Bunget.

Embrace%2BOf%2BThorns%2B-%2BPraying%2BFor%2BAbsolution.jpg

This is pretty cool, yeah. I really need to listen to that Pallbearer album. I'm sure it's great but I havent really been in the mood for doom metal as of late.

273890.jpg

These guys are playing Cathedral of the Black Goat fest in Chicago this Saturday alongside a bunch of rather boring bestial black/death bands. Really excited for them, along with Manticore and Loss. Hopefully the other bands bring the goods.