Albums currently kicking your ass

sombres-forets-cover-small.jpg

This has delivered exactly what I was expecting. The fucking goods. So far this easily makes album of the year for me.

As a side note, listened to the gris album, and kinda disappointed with it. Has a few good moments that standout but was a weak follow up imo. I'm gonna give it sometime, but my initial reaction was kinda meh. :(

formulas_cover.jpg

Best MA album after Altars of Madness. Trey wrote some really advanced next level shit for this album. Pete's drumming is on par with modern drummers like George Kollias and Derek Roddy.
Hybrid+Theory+Japanese+Import+linkinparkhybridtheory.jpg

^Greatest Nu Metal album of all time and the only Nu Metal I like. I grew up on this album and it's a masterpiece. It's damn hard to deny that they're great song writers and musicians.
meteora-1.jpg

Not as good as Hybrid Theory, but still a sick album.
8269.jpg

One of my top 5 favorite albums. These guys have got to be some of the greatest musicians of modern times. If you ever watch them play live, notice how they lock into each others' playing and flow with the music. Aqueous Transmission is a beautiful song.

8269.jpg

One of my top 5 favorite albums. These guys have got to be some of the greatest musicians of modern times. If you ever watch them play live, notice how they lock into each others' playing and flow with the music. Aqueous Transmission is a beautiful song.

Agree completely. And the Morning View sessions on DVD is a great example of watching them play live so well.

Two+Steps+from+Hell+-+Invincible.jpg

Nice name btw Dark Soul. Oh and be careful not to get yourself killed out there, wouldn't want you going hollow.

Voivod - Dimension Hatross. Spotted it in a small CD store last week and had heard so much praise for it I immediately snagged. Have spun it about 10 times so far and am only now starting to wrap my head around it (in a good way). Psychic Vacuum stands as my current fave track.

Voivod - Dimension Hatross. Spotted it in a small CD store last week and had heard so much praise for it I immediately snagged. Have spun it about 10 times so far and am only now starting to wrap my head around it (in a good way). Psychic Vacuum stands as my current fave track.

Yeah that's my favourite Voivod album, by quite a bit.

I'd also recommend the album previous, Killing Technology - a bit rawer and more thrashy, but also great.

Hybrid+Theory+Japanese+Import+linkinparkhybridtheory.jpg

^Greatest Nu Metal album of all time and the only Nu Metal I like. I grew up on this album and it's a masterpiece. It's damn hard to deny that they're great song writers and musicians.

That is the ONLY reason anyone would ever say this bullshit about Linkin Park.