Albums currently kicking your ass

159580.jpg

Yep, solid stuff right there :cool:

Sadly they seem to have gone inactive...

Nice! Bonafide classics right there, especially the first three.

Yeah I have to admit I totally underestimated Slayer until recently. Honestly I think I let the image (or my misperception of their image) and the fanbase get in the way of seeing the music for what it was and consequently I hadn't given these records enough time. But really the musicanship, songwriting and overall aesthetic is just phenomenal. Hell Awaits is especially amazing. Some of these song structures are so interesting and the interplay between bass and guitar is really great. And Reign in Blood is totally brilliant in a different way. If someone asked me to show them one song that epitomized metal I think I'd choose Angel of Death.

Yea, Hell Awaits hadn't really clicked with me until recently too. When i was younger i just did not like that album as much as the other two, but that changed a couple of years ago after i blasted that album non stop for about a month straight working on deliveries.

I also love how all three of those albums sounds so different, yet still hold that signature wicked sound of theirs.