Albums currently kicking your ass

metallica-ride-the-lightning.jpg

Sometimes you have to admit you just can't beat the classics...

This, I, and Animals As Leaders are the only djent albums that have withstood the test of time for me so far. I wish more of this profusion of late was intellectually driven instead of trying to be dance music played by guitars.

Skeletonwitch isn't bad. Thrash with black metal influences (although not in such a way where I would call it "blackened thrash"). The name is no worse than most bands.

Between the pro-indie Baroness art and their fanbase (most Skeletonwitch fans seem like the type that would appreciate Dethklok), I just began to assume that something was up. Mah b.

They really aren't bad. As far as I can tell, they're just one of those randomly chosen bands that got huge. I don't see a gigantic difference in them and a band like Nocturnal, but the same bros who like skeletonwitch don't like nocturnal or even other thrash bands. They're incredibly lucky, I think.

They're an awesome band, Lat is just one of those guys who is going to hate anything and everything that seems to gain a even bit of popularity ... like he's still in high school or something.

I think its weird how some people call them blackened thrash, they have more of a melodeath sound to some of their tracks than black metal ... but then again melodeath is one of the many sugenres that pretty much came from thrash. That being said, i can't call them anything but a thrash metal band.

And if im not mistaken, Beyond the Permafrost predates any of the Baroness albums.

They're an awesome band, Lat is just one of those guys who is going to hate anything and everything that seems to gain a even bit of popularity ... like he's still in high school or something.

I think its weird how some people call them blackened thrash, they have more of a melodeath sound to some of their tracks than black metal ... but then again melodeath is one of the many sugenres that pretty much came from thrash. That being said, i can't call them anything but a thrash metal band.

And if im not mistaken, Beyond the Permafrost predates any of the Baroness albums.

The Red album predates Beyond the Permafrost by a month. Skeletonwitch'is actual first album came out three years before that though"

I also feel like Skeletonwitch is similar to a particular melodeath band, the Black Dahlia Murder.