Albums currently kicking your ass

DNCover.jpg

Perfect mix of harshness and melody IMO.

o567690.jpg

The singing can be a little spotty and melodies occasionally fruity, but this is definitely quality 80's power metal with its own identity.

Your post reminded me that I need to buy this album. So much awesome black metal out there that I know I'd like, yet still haven't gotten around to buying. I know blood music released it on vinyl and it looked fucking unreal. Couldn't spring the cash at the time though. God, it would have been great to own.

I want it on vinyl too but for now I'll have to content with my CD. Always broke around Christmas. Had to order Caladan Brood Echoes of Battle Die Hard package AGAIN after accidentally dropped one of the vinyls and it shattered along with my soul to smal pieces. :cry:

*overreacting, mostly scratches and a smal piece broke from it... Fuck life*

inquisition-obscure-verses-e1382717233106.jpg

It's taken me a few listens, but I think I really enjoy this album now. Thematically, it's the continuation of Ominous Doctrines with more hymns to Inquisition's cosmic Satan.

Voidwards is a top 10 metal album of the 21st century so far "not that there's much competition" (yeah yeah yeah).

Love that shit.

That album is bordering on being one of the few true power metal albums released in recent memories. Made me decide to buy their first album too, which I'm currently waiting on.

It's a really good album. I don't particularly care for the vocals either, but the music is really well done that it doesn't matter too much after awhile. I would be interested in hearing them with another vocalist though.

Cult-Of-Fire-Cover-e1384639874716.jpg

You guys just don't like traditional metal enough. His vocals are fine. :)

How is that cult of fire album? Not gonna lie, I blind bought it from nwn because it looked cool. Haven't received it yet.

Yeah the vocals in nearly all traditional, power and epic doom metal make me cringe as well, just...ugh.