Albums currently kicking your ass

whitechapel_myspace.JPG

Raping her... hacking, slashing, violated.

Quite possibly the best deathcore album in existence and my favorite for quite a while now.

eightways.jpg

Picked this up a few days ago and have been absolutely enamored with it. Then again, I haven't really been disappointed with Madder Mortem. Eight Ways isn't nearly as swampy and murky as Desiderata; it's much more progressive and atmospheric. Absolutely love it

it also gets my vote for album artwork of the year award. the cover is stunning as is the lyric booklet.

try this one:

the single they have out right now, "Armour", is a great song, but it's much better in the context of the album...it comes after this track (Formaldehyde) and other track which is pretty intense, so it's light and graceful atmosphere are a welcome change of pace.

they definitely go off into jazzier and more laid back territories on this album. which is fine with me.

edit: the second track with a lovely opening harmonized vocal bit

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah it'll be interesting to see if she contributes on the second album. On a related note, Paul Mozart Bjorke, the former singer of Frantic Bleep, is no longer in Madder Mortem apparently...even though I thought his whole reason for leaving FB was to focus on madder mortem...whatever

My top 5 for 2009 so far have been:

Gorod - The Process of a New Decline
Carcariass - E-xtinction
Amorphis - Skyforger
Insomnium - Across the Dark
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles

Tons of good metal this year though, I couldn't settle on a 6-10. Even FA-Oracles and Augury - FE were a tossup.

My top 5 for 2009 so far have been:

Gorod - The Process of a New Decline
Carcariass - E-xtinction
Amorphis - Skyforger
Insomnium - Across the Dark
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles

Tons of good metal this year though, I couldn't settle on a 6-10. Even FA-Oracles and Augury - FE were a tossup.

Great list, some quality releases this year.

^:kickass: Once Sent always an ass-kicker

I was unsure of this album at first (the same way with TGCD but i grew to love it). Cannot stop playing this lately. So much more progressive and the songs are well structured. No doubt one of the best of 09'.
folder-1115.jpg