Albums I bought, Rate please

Brett

------
Aug 31, 2003
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden 9/10
Say what you will about this album but I love it. Sure, Jon may be an asshole but this album had passion especially Gettysburg.

Death - The Sound Of Perseverance 9/10
Wow. This is death metal done right. Too bad Chuck had to die. :erk:

Nightwish - Wishmaster 8/10
This album is great as well. Some parts they sound absolutely beautiful and some parts they shred.

What do you think?

IE - Burden: I'd give it a 7.5/10. I did like the album, but it just didn't stand out to me. I prefer early IE work, and this just isn't quite the same. Dark Saga will forever reign as the best in my mind.

Death - Perserverance: ?/10. forget this one, never really owned it and haven't heard it in what seems like forever.

Nightwish - Wishmaster: 7/10. To me it's just a Nightwish filler album. Wanderlust, Wishmaster, and Crownless are the only tracks that I really like, the rest all sounds like typical Nightwish to me. I generally have a hard time finding a full album I like though, most of their albums I like half of and think the rest is okay. Granted, they're still good musicians.

Iced Earth - TGB 5/10, but even that's pushing it. the only credit I give it is Gettysburg, other than that, Its really not all that innovative or creative at all.

Death - TSOP - 10/10 Chuck was a God, and now if there is an afterlife he just dethroned God and became the new monarch of kingdom come. This album is the shit.

Nightwish - haven't heard that one.

Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden 6 ½/10
I guarantee this album will seem worse and worse to you. It's definitely not one of the albums that you slowly get into. The Gettysburg 1863 trilogy is the highlight of the album and the orchestra is great, but hell Jon seemed to give that trilogy a lot of time too. The rest of the music is, although sometimes very good, too much like what I've been hearing since The Dark Saga with more and more Maiden. The Dark Saga was hell of a lot better than this too.
But it's not bad to begin with. Just too stale.

Death - The Sound Of Perseverance 9 ½/10
The kinda death metal I feel like listening to. It's just so good. Christy's drumming feels like it goes out of proportions at times though. The only reason why it didn't get a 10 from me is cause there's a couple songs on Symbolic that I think are better than the stuff on Perseverance right now.
Still, it's THE Death (metal) album for me.

Nightwish - Wishmaster 9/10
Like DarkNoise said (and Holopainen has said too) it's sort of a filler, cause they didn't change their sound that much for this album. Very much like Oceanborn except a bit calmer and has better production.
Anyway, about the music. There's some songs that bore me now (although most Nightwish bores me now, after having listened to them way too much at some point, but nevermind that...) like Wanderlust and Crownless (not a bad song, though).
The Kinslayer is a definite favourite of mine out of the heavier songs. Ike Vil's male vocals are great, as well as the riffing and the lyrics. The other favourite has to be Dead Boy's Poem, probably the best Nightwish song ever recorded so far. Just touching.

Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden (I only heard about one or two songs so I'm gonna judge that) (8/10)

Death - The Sound Of Perseverance (10/10) perfecto!

Nightwish - Wishmaster (7/10)

IE - i love Iced Earth... and after barlow left i didnt think they would be able to find another great vocalist like him.... i listened to this album... one time.. hated it, two times- hated it... 3 times- few songs were ok... 4th time... - and i kinda liked it.
Its not a bad album at all. old IE is MUCH better, but this one is not *that* bad. i even found myself play this cd one day- just for fun..... go figur! :tickled: i give it: 6/10

Death - are you kidding? amazing album . just like everything they do...
9/10

Nightwish - i've always had a problem with this band... cant explain it.
I love female vocalists A LOT, but, for some reason, this one has never managed to "excite" me... im not really into NightWish.....
and all their albums sort of bore me....
therefor- there is no rate for this one.

IE - Yuck

Death - wooooo

Nightwish - haven't heard that one but its likely just as boring as the rest of their albums

overall, should have made better purchases , 1 out of 3 isn't a good deal

Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden 6/10
I don't really like the Vocals, and Horror Show, Burnt Offerings, and Dark Saga are all far better.

Death - The Sound Of Perseverance
Never heard it, sorry.

Nightwish - Wishmaster 9.5/10
I love that band, even more than Lacuna Coil. They're perfect.

Iced Earth - Glorious Burden ( 5,5/10 ) I did a review on the site and here's the link. Unfortunately I think people are too lazy to read all of it.
Iced Earth's Glorious Burden review

Death - The sound of perseverance ( 9/10 ) Great Album! My first Death cd and also one of my favorites!

Nightwish - Wishmaster Hmmm I never listened to that album. I only own OceanBorn but I heard that Wishwaster is pretty good.

Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden (8.5 / 10 ) For me, this album and Stormrider are my fav IE records ( I have every one of them ). I liked TGB a lot when it came out but since then it's kind of died down a bit, but awesome nonetheless. Probably my fav band at the moment next to Morbid Angel and Emperor.

Death - The Sound of Perserverence (10 / 10 ) Fucking awesome. Was my first Death album ( I think I got Control Denied as well when I got this, another awesome album ), and since then I have bought all their stuff. Truly an incredible band.

Nightwish - Wishmaster ( 5 / 10 ) I liked it when I first heard it, but it bores the shit out of me to be honest. I do however like Tarja's vocals along with the keys...other than that, not my thing.

iced earth - 0/10
death - 5/10...
nighwish- 10/10
nevermore 150/10
-----------