Rate the albums.

Aug 14, 2002
Visit site
Ok not sure if this was done yet but id like to know what you guys think :)

my ratings go like this :cool:

The Gathering - 10/10 * Heavy as hell, fast and mighty, no filler, melodic, yet head breakingly heavy, complex yet instantly catchy, and a deep album that stays with you for years, shows off great musicanship yet doesnt beat you to death with how tallented they are..., and some of the best damn production in metal!

The Legacy - 10/10 * also another flawless album, each song having its own feel, still fast yet also very emotional in many ways, with ungodly leads, and so much guitar interplay your head spins, only possible thing that could be lacking is production which really doesnt detract from the music. still flawless

The New Order 9/10 * some really strong songs, and while i have no real complaints about the actual songs i feel that their just isnt quite enough content, i think this album could have been better with dropping the cover song and adding another hard hitting track, still essentcial thrash

Practice what you preach 8/10 * as much as i love some of the songs on here their just is a bit to much lacking in direction of the album, and the production needs alot of help, even though i love picking out the bass at any time

Souls of the black 6/10 * even though i enjoy parts of this album, im still dissapointed in this as most of the tracks seem to blend into obscuirity often times, and the production is just beyond bad, as most of the guitar and alot of the bass gets lost, this album just doesnt seem to diliver as much as it should on the looks of the cover cover :p

Low - 8/10 a strong comeback album and some of that sweet riffage, just not quite enough leads i feel, and not enough diversity perhapse... still an enjoyable and not at all dissapointing

Demonic 7/10 i really want to like this album more then i do... im afraid John Doe allways makes me cringe though :lol: nuff said but damn i love Jun Jun

The Ritual - (still yet to hear in its entirty)

ok so whats your guys ratings (and you dont have to be as wordy as :D )

The legacy 8.5/10
The new order 9/10
Practice what you preach 8.5/10
Souls of Black 8/10
The Ritual 10/10
Low 9.5/10
Demonic *Not heard*
The Gathering 9/10

I could easily ride the fence since I love it all, which goes
without saying, but here goes....

In order.

1. The New Order
2. Practice What You Preach
3. FSSD
4. Souls of Black
5. The Legacy
6. Demonic
7. The Gathering
8. Low
9. The Ritual

I'm not including Live material with Studio Material.

I'm ready to be flamed....

-The Shamed OfficerNice.

HERE GOES...in order!

1. the yet-to-be released opus
2. the gathering
3. low
4. the legacy
5. the new order
6. demonic
7. practice what you preach
8. the ritual
9. souls of black(their worst, easily!!!)

...we all know it will kill, but just what will the new one sound like? i can't friggin' wait any longer!! AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!1

In my twisted opinion- I have every album except Demonic-

1) The Gathering
tie
The Legacy
3) Practice What you Preach
4) New Order
5) The Ritual
6) Low
7) Souls of Black

First strike was ok- i would have preferred remastered originals though- cuz the production on the legacy as we all know- sucked.

1) The Legacy 9,5/10
2) The New Order 8,5/10
3) Practice What You Preach 7/10
4) Souls Of Black 8/10
5) The Ritual (haven't heard much)
6) Low 7/10
7) Demonic 6,5/10
8) The Gathering 6/10
9) First Strike Still Deadly 7,5/10

The Legacy 8/10
The New Order 9/10
Practice What You Preach 9/10
Souls of Black 8/10
The Ritual 8.5/10
Low 7.5/10
Demonic 7.5/10
The Gathering 8.5/10

NP: Gamma Ray - Blast from the Past

I can't believe all these negative views on Souls of Black. That album has great guitar work from Alex Skolnick. Its only weakness is the production, but I still like it better than anything post-Skolnick, except The Gathering.

NP: Gamma Ray - Blast from the Past

The problem with Souls of Black is the songs themselves- they are rather generic- and no amount of great guitar work by skolnick can overcome this fact.

The Legacy 9/10
The New Order 10/10
Practice What You Preach 8.5/10
Souls of Black 8/10
The Ritual 7/10
Low 8/10
Demonic 7.5/10
The Gathering 9.5/10

The New Order it's my favorite release
headbob.gif