Rate every album

Well I don't understand your opinion then. AYDY is musically uninteresting, it's less innovative, less unique, more generic and compositionally unimaginative when compared to FtR or Hatebreeder. I don't see any redeeming features of AYDY that could possibly bake it "better" that FtR.

OK, welcome to the world of different opinions about music styles. Accept that AYDY is my favourite album. I don't understand how ppl can like Bfmv but I don't care and I accept it cause everybody has his own music style he like..

Please read the first post in this thread, thanks

i bet there are some people in this forums who could abuse a thread about chess to discuss about aydy.

Indeed. I really don't like the general sound/majority of songs of AYDY... but you don't see me saying "I don't understand how people can like AYDY."

Some people might enjoy the overly-thick sounding guitars and rampant chug-riffs that are evident on the album. I don't like it, but I don't begrudge those who do.

"I don't understand how people can like AYDY."

Did I say that? No. I said that I don't understand how people can put AYDY over FtR, I just don't see how AYDY has anything in it that could possibly be considered "better". The solos aren't as good, the keyboard parts are more boring, the music is more simple (to appeal to a simple audience). AYDY is basically just a dumbed down version of CoB. "Children of Bodom for dummies"

Did I say that? No. I said that I don't understand how people can put AYDY over FtR, I just don't see how AYDY has anything in it that could possibly be considered "better". The solos aren't as good, the keyboard parts are more boring, the music is more simple (to appeal to a simple audience). AYDY is basically just a dumbed down version of CoB. "Children of Bodom for dummies"

Sorry for leaving "over FTR" off of the end of my sentence. We can argue over semantics if you want, but somehow I don't think that will lead to productive discussion.

Different people listen to the band for different reasons. If someone is going to listen to Bodom for the simpler song structures and the... more apparent guitar sound, I'm not going to begrudge them over that. The only thing that matters to me is that I like FTR and that I think it's the better album.

I could care less if Johnny Penuckle down the street listens to AYDY or if he listens to Hatebreeder. At least they're not listening to 50 Cent, My Chemical Romance, or anything like that....

I'm not saying they're not allowed to have that opinion. I'm just saying I don't understand how someone can come to the conclusion that AYDY is better than FtR. To me thats like saying shit is better than chocolate.

And before you say "oh it's all just opinion". Yeah it is, but what I don't get is how an opinion like this is formed, just what does make AYDY any better than FtR?

are you incapable of having an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn't agree with you?

i dont see how some people worship dream theater. i dont know why people hate dragonforce only because herman li can't play guitar. i can't fathom how most people like britney spears. I think everything she's touched is a completely musically uninteresting pile of shit. but apparently enough people did to make her huge. its just an opinion

if you look at it, metal is not the world's most popular genre. people look at us and go, man wtf, how can they like that scream shit, the songs are so complicated and mixed up etc etc.

so instead of having a rantfest, as usual, maybe he liked the AYDY sound. it is most definitely different from the FTR sound, so while maybe you like malmsteen on steriods, he likes slayer + melody. it doesnt mean hes a "faggot," or any other derrogatory term you'd like to employ, it just means the world doesn't spin on your axis.

Thanks for saying what I was about to type. :lol: HB/FTR era > new simplified Bodom era. That probably isn't even an opinion so end discussion.

are you incapable of having an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn't agree with you?

i dont see how some people worship dream theater. i dont know why people hate dragonforce only because herman li can't play guitar. i can't fathom how most people like britney spears. I think everything she's touched is a completely musically uninteresting pile of shit. but apparently enough people did to make her huge. its just an opinion

if you look at it, metal is not the world's most popular genre. people look at us and go, man wtf, how can they like that scream shit, the songs are so complicated and mixed up etc etc.

so instead of having a rantfest, as usual, maybe he liked the AYDY sound. it is most definitely different from the FTR sound, so while maybe you like malmsteen on steriods, he likes slayer + melody. it doesnt mean hes a "faggot," or any other derrogatory term you'd like to employ, it just means the world doesn't spin on your axis.

pwn3d.

Are you a fucking downy? Or have you just not read my last few posts. For fucks sake :rolleyes:

Something Wild: 7/10
Don't like the production, the songwriting is a little (read: very) haphazard and the playing is pretty sloppy compared to the other albums. However, there are a lot of good melodies, some really cool full songs (Red Light in My Eyes Pt 1, The Nail, In The Shadows) and some classic stuff like Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom.

Hatebreeder: 8/10
Some really cool stuff on this one, the guitar playing is a lot more intricate and they started to find their own sound a lot more, vocals aren't the best but don't really bother me. I don't like some of the keyboards though, and the atmosphere on the most part is kind of lacking for me, feels almost like an 80s album.

Follow the Reaper: 10/10
Perfect production for me, incredible musicianship, incredible songwriting, vocals are probably my favourite and I love the atmosphere. Probably my fave COB album and the one that got me into them in the first place.

Hatecrew Deathroll: 9.5/10
Different atmosphere, more thrashy and 'party'-like, but probably has the best playing out of any of the albums, a whole load of cool riffs and guitar parts, vocals are second best to FtR, keyboards are really fucking cool especially on songs like Triple Corpse Hammerblow.

Are You Dead Yet: 7/10
Took a very long time for me to get into, used to be one of those elitists who couldn't tolerate anything slightly different, then just listened to it for what it was. I think it's a really solid great album now, with a couple of tracks that I don't really care for (Are You Dead Yet, Bastards of Bodom, although I like the choruses in both), some very unique guitar playing and Janne's style has become totally different to any other keyboard player I've heard, more angular and jazzy.