Rate every album

a Guy with a Scythe

New Metal Member
Aug 12, 2007
Ok, the idea is to rate every COB album and write a short description about what you like and don't like. Also, say what you think that is the best track.
Oh, and these are opinions so no arguing, just rate!:kickass:

Something Wild : 7/10
Has some good songs; Touch Like Angel Of Death, Lake Bodom, Red Light In My eyes. And some less songs. Nice vocals also.
Best song: Red Light In My Eyes pt. 1

Hatebreeder : 8/10
Except for Wrath Within, all songs are great. I like the variation in vocals.
Best song: Hatebreeder/Downfall

Follow The Reaper : 7,5/10
Great songs, not as good as Hatebreeder but still nice.
Best song: Hate me!

Hate Crew Deathroll : 9/10
Best COB album ever, nice variation between slow and fast songs.
Best song: Lill' Bloodred Ridin' Hood

Are You Dead Yet? : 8/10
Not as good as HCDR, still good. The guitarsound is a bit too 'muddy' imo. Has some great songs (Living Dead Beat, Are You Dead Yet, Thrashed Lost & Strungout, In Your Face,)
Best song: Living Dead Beat

New album: Not yet available.

Something Wild : 8/10
Really Good Album
Best song: Touch like an angel of death

Hatebreeder : 9/10
Has a lot of classical influence which I like and I like all the songs on the Album
Best Song: Downfall

Follow the Reaper : 8/10
Its a great album but some of the songs were a bit messy
Best song: Kissing the Shadows

Hate Crew Deathroll : 8.5/10
My favorite COB album. I really like solos the in the songs especially sixpounder.
Best Song: Sixpounder/ Hate Crew Deathroll

Are you dead yet : 7/10
it is ok has a few good songs in it I like some of the solos in the songs, I really don't likee the vocals
Best Song: Trashed Lost & Strungout, are you dead yet?

Something Wild --> 9/10
Guys don't bash on me, but I adore this whole album, it's my second favourite album by COB, despite they were so young and were only starting their career... I have always liked Alexi's vocals a lot too in this album, his voice was very supple and suit well.
Best song: eh, don't kill me but... I'm in love with "In The Shadows", followed by "Lake Bodom".

Hatebreeder --> 10/10
Ah well, I'll be clear: this is my favourite COB album, so... well, untouchable!!!! Perfection doesn't exist, but this album is the nearest to it, to me.
Best song: "Hatebreeder"!!! ...I would marry this song if I could... but it's only a song, I know.

Follow The Reaper --> 8/10
My third favourite album by COB, it started to show the change in COB guys' music... album that creates an "odd" atmosphere when you listen to it... it's quite hard to define, to me. Alexi sang at his best too, here.
Best song: "Mask Of Sanity" will always be my fav one... Mr. Alexi "WildChild" Laiho would hate me but I can't help it.. he may not like that lil' part where there's his solo (as he said) but... I like this song exactly the way it is.

Hate Crew Deathroll --> 8/10
Hmm, I like this album too, but some lil' things somewhere didn't convince me... gotta say that anyway Alexi's guitar tone was awesome in this album, to me. And I think his vocals were good too.
Best song: "Bodom Beach Terror" (followed very close by "Angels Don't Kill", then "Needled 24/7").

Are You Dead Yet? --> 7/10
What to say? Hmm... I like this album too, but not as much as the older stuff.
Best song: "We're not gonna fall", then it's "Trashed, lost and strung out".

Good vocals
Best song: Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder : 8.5/10
Most of the songs are amazing. Even though wrath within is mediocre, that riff at 2min30 sends chills down my spine lol
Best Song: Silent night, bodom night

Follow the Reaper : 9.5/10
Favorite album. This is what really got me to listen to COB.
Best song: Bodom after midnight

Hate Crew Deathroll : 9/10
Practically all the songs are amazing. I find COB fell into a more heavy side with this album, especially with that heavy sixpounder riff at the beginning of the song.
Best Song: Needled 24/7

Are you dead yet : 8/10
Vocals changed for the worst but the album still kicks ass.Although next in line isn't very good it has the best keyboard/guitar solo of the album IMO
Best Song: In Your Face

Something Wild --> 8.5/10
Good variety of vocal styles, love the neo-classical feel, keyboards do some awesome shit, songwriting sloppy at times and production is low-end
Best songs: "In the Shadows", "Lake Bodom", "Touch Like Angel of Death"

Hatebreeder --> 10/10
Awesome songwriting, great guitar work, most consistent CoB album, vocals sometimes grating but not much
Best song: "Bed of Razors", "Children of Bodom", "Downfall"

Follow The Reaper --> 9/10
Strangely nihilistic feel, wonderful songwriting, distinctive keyboard parts, awesome guitar solos, production somewhat thin and treble-y
Best song: "Follow the Reaper", "Mask of Sanity", "Kissing the Shadows"

Hate Crew Deathroll --> 8/10
Distinctive "hard rock" feel, good riffs and solos, drums quite good, vocals alright but have sounded better
Best song: "Needled 24/7", "Sixpounder", "Bodom Beach Terror"

Are You Dead Yet? --> 7.5/10
Seemingly good transition into a different style, solos weird but still cool-sounding, drums at their peak, amusing lyrics, inferior to past CoB albums
Best song: "Living Dead Beat", "In Your Face", "Trashed, Lost, & Strungout"

Something Wild 10/10
Everything was good
Best song: Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder 8/10
Vocals sucked ass. almost everthing else was good
Best Song: Toward Dead End

Follow The Reaper 7/10
Better vocals but where the hell did the flavour go?
Best Song: Children Of Decadence

Hatecrew Deathroll 7/10
Not Enough Keyboards
Best Song: Sixpounder

Arw You Dead Yet? 9/10
Not much keyboards but they somehow made up for it...
Best Song: Punch Me I Bleed

Something Wild 7/10
the structure of some songs could have been better
Best song: touch like angel of death

Hatebreeder 10/10
best album with awesome guitar work
Best Song: silent night bodom night

Follow The Reaper 9/10
too catchy still awesome
Best Song: everytime i die

Hatecrew Deathroll 10/10
loved the guitar stuff. very creative

Are You Dead Yet? 8/10
some nice riffs but gets boring. pretty okay guitar stuff
Best Song: in your face

Something Wild 9.5/10
Fav with hatebreeder, I like everysong on it. Only the first 2 minutes of The Nail, then it gets good. Cant choose a favorite song, but I really like In the shadows.

Hatebreeder 9/10
All songs are good except Wrath Within (even if the "solo" is good)... same here, I cant choose one fav song ... COB, Downfall, Towards, Silent night are all.

Follow the Reaper 8/10
Their last very good album, but i prefer the older albums. Fav song : Damnit cant choose 1 again... Kissing, Mask of Sanity and Children Of Decadence.

Hate Crew Deathroll 7/10
There is not "bad" songs on it, but its def not my favourite. I got 1 favorite song, Needled 24/7.

Are You Dead Yet? 6/10
Not Cob anymore. Too different from all albums. Still, 2 good songs, in your face and living dead beat (IMO).

*New Album* 4/10
Tie my rope is bad...almost "techno" intro, and sounds a lot like AYDY. 1 good keyboard riff in the whole song. The rest is just .... not COB.

Something Wild - 8,5

All songs are great except Red Light pt.2, the album is a bit too short. favourite song Red Light In My Eyes pt.1,

Hatebreeder - 9,5

The vocals are good, a lot of classical elements, 2 songs that don't sound that good are Bed of Razors and Wrath Within, everything else is perfect.
Best songs: Warheart, Towards Dead End, Downfall.

Follow The Reaper - 9,5

This was the first CoB album I heard, not as classical as Hatebreeder, but very melodic, the vocals could be a bit better.
Best Songs: This is hard, Bodom After Midnight, Hate Me!

Hate Crew Deathroll - 10

The first CoB album I bought, and everything is good in this album.
Best Song: Angels Don't Kill

Are You Dead Yet - 8,5

First I liked it a lot, but some of the songs turned out a bit boring because the guitar and keyboard sounds and sometimes bad vocals, there are awsome riffs though, and many songs work good live.
Best Songs: Living Dead Beat, We're Not Gonna Fall

First one... Some legendary stuff, and album what created new kind of metal genre. Some amazing melodies. Like everybody knows Lake Bodom intro. Stolen licks from other music composer. Not-so-good vocals.
Best song: The Nail

Almoust every song is fucking great. Singing is what it is, but the solos are mindblowing! Moust of bests songs are on this album.
Best song: Downfall

Follow The Reaper : 10/10
Best album ever. I think that there ever be better album... Tone is best what I have heard, Laiho had best playing skills at the time = perfect songs.
Best song: Hate Me!/Follow The Reaper

Hate Crew Deathroll : 8/10
No bad songs at all.
Best song: Sixpounder

Are You Dead Yet? : 8/10
Very very different music than earlier ones. Hard to compare. That still kicks ass, and thats matters!
Best song: Are you Dead Yet?/We´re Not Gonna Fall

Something Wild - 7/10
Guitar works not as amazing as others. But still a great album.
Best Song: Red Light In My Eyes prt.1

Hatebreeder - 8.5/10
Every song is awesome off of the album.
Best Song: Silent Night Bodom Night

Follow The Reaper - 9/10
Ups and downs for this album. But the Ups are amazing!
Best Song: Mask Of Sanity

Hatecrew Deathroll - 9/10
Theres ups and downs for this album as well.

Are You Dead Yet? - 7.5/10
Great album. Just wasn't as strong as their previous stuff.
Best Song: Trashed Lost & Strungout

Something Wild - 7/10
Can be a bit forgettable at times, still very good though.
Highlights: "Lake Bodom", "Touch Like Angel of Death"

Hatebreeder - 9/10
A step up from Something Wild, not a huge fan of the production though.
Highlights: "Silent Night, Bodom Night", "Hatebreeder"

Follow the Reaper - 10/10
Their best album, great melodies and atmosphere, production is perfect.
Highlights: "Everytime I Die", "Kissing the Shadows"

Hate Crew Deathroll - 7/10
Pretty good production and songwriting wise, has some of their most overrated songs though (Needled, Angels).
Highlights: "Bodom Beach Terror", "You're Better Off Dead"

Are You Dead Yet? - 7/10
Has a few average tracks but still decent.
Highlights: "In Your Face", "We're Not Gonna Fall"

Something Wild-8/10
One of the best albums I've ever heard, but still in the developmental stages.
Best Song: Lake Bodom, Touch like the Angel of Death

Hatebreeder-9/10
To steal the words from the lovely Eli, the closest thing to perfection.
Best song: Hatebreeder, the end solo is enough to make me orgasm:lol:

Follow the Reaper-8/10
A step in the right direction produccion wise, using Peter Tagtgren of Hypocrisy, and incorporating more melody and speed to the album, while throwing away some neo-classical elements.
Best song: Kissing the Shadows and Mask of Sanity

Hate Crew Deathroll-7/10
Slowly on the Decline. Adding more hardrock elements instead of melodic neo-classicalness, but still a good thrashy party album.
Best song: Bodom Beach Terror

Are you Dead Yet?-6/10
This is where we see the biggest change in the sound. Gone is the neo-classicalness, more is the vocal changes. The deep growls have turned to shouting like today's hardcore, the keyboard/guitar solos slowly on the decline.
Best song: Living Dead Beat

I'll add best songs and descriptions later.

Something Wild-5/10
Too short (more like EP, really). I'm not fan of Alexi's vocals on this one. Two good songs and two really bad songs. Inferior to the other albums, because they're still learning on this one. It's a great debut album considering how young they actually were when this was released.
Best song(s): Lake Bodom

Hatebreeder-8/10
The improvement on all fronts compared to the first album is unbelievable. Downfall is a masterpiece.
Best song(s): Silent Night Bodom Night, Towards Dead End, Children of Bodom, Downfall

Follow the Reaper-7/10
Meh, I have a love hate relationship with this one.
Best Song(s): I can't decide... :(

Hate Crew Deathroll-9/10
All around good album without fillers. I liked the change to heavier style, which began on this album
Best song(s): Chokehold, Bodom Beach Terror, Hate Crew Death roll, Triple Corpse Hammerblow.

Are you Dead Yet?-8.5/10
Even heavier sound, Roope plays on this one :headbang: The songs work very well live. Could be longer.
Best song(s): Are You Dead Yet, Bastards of Bodom, We're Not Gonna Fall

Something Wild : 8/10
Simply amazing. I pretty much love everything about this album. I love the neo-classical feel of it. Some of the song writing is a bit sloppy in my opinion, but it's still quite an amazing album.
Best songs: Lake Bodom, Touch like an Angel of Death.

By far my favorite album. I adore the classical influences, and amazing guitar solos. &I think this album had the best vocals. I really, really love the keyboards on this album. The whole album is pretty much perfect. The only song I didn't really like was Wrath Within.
Best Songs: Downfall, Bed of Razors.

Follow the Reaper : 8/10
I adore this album, my second favorite. I really loved the vocals on this album, and there was some amazing solos. I think Alexi's playing was best on this album.
Best songs: Bodom After Midnight, Children of Decadence.

Hate Crew Deathroll : 7.5/10
Good riffs and solos, there was really no "bad" songs on this album. The vocals wern't too great at times, but overall it was pretty good.
Best Songs: Angels Don't Kill.

Are you dead yet? : 7/10
It took me a while to like this album, I really didn't like it much at first. I still don't like the vocals very much. Some of the songs seem a bit repetative. But there are some very nice riffs and overall I suppose it's an okay album.
Best Songs: We're Not Gonna Fall, Living Dead Beat.

something wild - 9/10
best songs: deadnight warrior, in the shadows (sik keys at the end), the nail, touch like angel of death. theyre all good
i like the keys in this album. like in touch like angel of death and the nail. comes in in a kind of hauntish way or like a holy way. i cant describe it but hopefully u know wht i mean nothign bad about it

hatebreeder - 9/10
best songs: downfall, black widow, WARHEART!!!!!!!, towards dead end. theyre all good songs
vocals are the best in this album and the best riffs. nothing bad to sayabout it

follow the reaper - 9.5/10
best songs - northern comfort, bodom after midnight, follow the reaper.
probably my favorite album of all time. every song is amazing. nothing bad to say about it.

hatecrew - 7/10
best songs - triple corpse hammerblow, chokehold
worst album name ever and second worst art ever! but the songs were diecent. triple corpse is sik. but its just different from their first three which i hate. they got some nice melodies on it though

AYDY - 5/10
best songs:bastards of bodom, living dead beat
worst album art second worst album name. are you dead yet is just so stupid. it doesnt sound like bodom one bit! some of the songs are OK. but it sound kind of like theyre turning into hard rock... i liked bodom in the earlier days, just cuz they have the same name doesnt mean i like different music. (bastards of bodom relle bring the old bodom out i think)

Something Wild: 7/10
Great album, but worst from COB in my opinion.
Best songs: Red Light in My Eyes pt 1 and pt 2, Lake Bodom.

Hatebreeder: 10/10
I really do love this album. This has the best keyboards ever! And I love vocals too.
Best songs: Towards Dead End, Downfall, Hatebreeder

Follow the Reaper: 9/10
First I didn't like this album, but now when I've listened it more... I realized that it's really great!
Best songs: Everytime I Die, Children of Decadence, Hate Me!

Hate Crew Deathroll: 8/10
This was my fave album, but not anymore. I actually dunno why... It's still great, though.
Best songs: Angels Don't Kill, Hate Crew Deathroll

Are You Dead Yet?: 10/10
My fave album from COB together with Hatebreeder. Yeah I know it's different from the others, but so what? It's fuckin' great!
Best songs: Punch Me I Bleed, Living Dead Beat, In Your Face

Something Wild 9.5/10
I love this album. Most of the songs are awesome, and the guitar playing was really cool imo.
Best song : The Nail (just the sweep picking bit at the end beats all the other songs !!!!!)

Hatebreeder 10/10
I can't say anything bad about this album. Some people dislike Wrath Within but I don't. I love the guitar playing, it's so cool, and I like how Janne started to get more solos there (of course since on SW he wasn't really part of the band)
Best song : It's a really hard choice because all the songs are awesome but I'd probably chose Downfall over the other ones.

Follow The Reaper 10/10
This is my favorite album. I can't say anything bad about it either, it's a kick-ass album.
Best song : Everytime I Die (my favorite song ever btw)

Hate Crew Deathroll 9/10
It's a good album, I don't like it as much because the classical influence is gone, but it's still awesome. Some songs like You're Better Off Dead got really cool guitar parts and the keyboard solo in Chokehold is awesome.
Best song : Triple Corpse Hammerblow

Are You Dead Yet ? 8/10
This is a good album, it's just not as good as their previous ones. I don't like all the songs, but Are You Dead Yet? and In Your Face are good. The only COB song I really dislike is on this album, it's Next In Line... for some reason, it won't grow on me at all.
Best song : In Your Face

New album
I don't know yet for the album (obviously), but I like Tie My Rope. I'd give 8.5/10 to this song.

Something Wild-10/10
I would kill for this guitar sound. Awesome Album anyway. Red light in my eyes part 1+2 and the Nail are the best songs.

Hatebreeder- 100/10
Perfect album. I bet Mozart turned in his grave when this album was released.
Every song is perfect and there's nothing twice. Best song is the whole album.

Tokyo Warhearts 9/10
I like the crowd, i like Jaska's drums, i like the guitars - i like nearly everything.
-1 points because it's too short. Awesome SNBN in it.

Follow the Reaper-8/10
-2 points because of the missing neo classicals.
Some nice key part and nice melodies. Best song is FTR or MoS

Hate Crew Deathroll-7/10
The fall of CoB. Nice ND 24/7.

Are you Dead Yet?-6/10
Awful guitars and vocals. Not CoB anymore. A mixery of PM and MC.
Best song: IYF

Stockholm Live Knockout- 8/10

Better than the 2 releases before.
Nice sound/video quality. The setlist could be better. Why did they cut the Titanic intro? The Solo battle is nice. the downfall intro medley is good. And where's the Napoleon XIV song?