writing a paper about children of bodom...help!

As someone already told, it would be nice to talk about CoB story in general: when, where and how they started their career... what have been their influences, what has prompted they to choose their style (maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but I think that CoB have a more unique than rare style)... which changes they lived and made...
And about the songs... maybe... I'n not good to give advice, it's more than obvious looking what I wrote so far, but... I'd mention:
"Lake Bodom" for Something Wild (even though my fav of that album is "In the Shadows", but Mr. Laiho doesn't like anymore);
"Silent Night, Bodom Night" for Hatebreeder;
"Every time I die" about Follow The Reaper;
"Needled 24/7" or "Hate Crew deathroll" for the homonymous album;
"We're not gonna fall" or "Trashed, lost and strung out" for Are You Dead Yet?...
Then, I'd say why "I" like CoB's music... what it does gives to me...
Ok, I shut up... hope your work will be fine, cause CoB deserve a nice mouthpiece always more, considering how many people changed their mind and didn't like their music anymore... bye! :)

heres a quite from my syllabus
"last and defenitely least, what elements from the artists biography have contributed to the understanding of their work. this is not a biography paper. "

im going to mention the classical music background and how it ties in, but thats about it.

im having trouble finding all their influences, ive seen a couple names thrown around on this forum and whatnot but thats about it...

Sounds like an awesome class, some options i'd consider:

You should try the song Children of Bodom or Lake Bodom because it's their name.

Hate Crew Death Roll the song because it's kinda of like an anthem.

Follow the Reaper because it's when they were obssessed with Excorcist III and it's the best CD so far (arguably).

Are You Dead Yet? the song because it rose their popularity by 8 billion.

Trashed lost and strungout the song because it's their dvd and its a single.

A live song because this is their 3rd tour this year and they are popular (kind of same as AYDY?).

Those are very good points, but not much help to me :erk: I have to say in my paper "ok this is where there is a key change, this is where they repeat a riff" etc...

haha same here. thats probably 40% of my grade for the paper

im actually thinking of using War of Razors from the tokyo live cd, its an awesome instrumental track and to me shows one of the most important things about the band, the ability for wirman and laiho to play nearly perfectly in sync with two completely different instruments

by the way, am i the only one who feels that CoB sort of lost their identity with their last album? that album seems to blend in with all other metal albums, more formulaic if you will, then their first few albums. almost as if they lost the style that made them unique

ive decided how im going to write it. my first 3 songs will introduce major components of children of bodom and their music, and what makes it so unique
1. war of razors - shows ability of janne and alexi to play in synch
2. red light in your eyes pt 2 - shows the extreme influence classical music has had on cob
3. bed of razors - shows different effects that they use, as well as the extreme contrast between the music and lyrics
4. silent night, bodom night - puts everything together in one song, extreme complexity, classical inspired instrumentals with unison between janne and alexi through much of the song, etc

i havent written the last 2 yet, but is there a better song i can use to show studio effects then bed of razors, or is there a mmore important part of their music then studio effects that i havent covered?

Hmmm...I think ppl have been shot for having said less than this. Let's just say I disagree...

(Please tell me how Bodom After Midnight, Kissing The Shadow, Follow The Reaper, or any of the other songs sound even remotely like Hatebreeder? I'm all ears)
Dude totally. HB and FTR sound different in a lot of ways. FTR I think has a more crystal clear sound to it. HB not so much. I think those are there 2 best albums. But they don't sound the same.

pick one from each album. personally i'd say either red light in my eyes pt. 2 or lake bodom (because to my knowledge it's entirely original, red light in my eyes uses parts of mozart's symphony no. 25 but i like it better), silent night bodom night, children of decadence, bodom beach terror, and we're not gonna fall or living dead beat.

whoops, max of 4 songs. guess you can't just pick one from each album. it's really hard not to though, because they've never had an album that sounds very much like a previous one, making each album equally significant. that's one of my favorite things about CoB, is that although I'd really like to hear more stuff similar to their older styles, it's good to know that they'll probably never fall into a rut where they have near identical albums, like some bands.