New to Children of Bodom

JackP14

Rider of the Skies
Jan 29, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
Whats up CoB fans! I downloaded Follow the Reaper and it rocks!!! I love the melodies and every solo in the song. What other songs should i download? Albums?
-Jack:cool:

Hey JackP14! So, you finally managed to find a way to this board, too! Did they get too pissed with you on the IF board? :lol: Well, I'd recommend you dload a couple of songs from every album and if you like them, buy them!!! (dloading whole albums sucks so bad...)

You guys are cool. thanks for the album names and stuff. i find it very useful. i like the atmosphere here too! and yes Extendar, the guys at IF got angry really quickly. but oh well. and Yes Sephiroth killed Aeris which sucked, but he is the coolest villain! CoB ROCK!!!

hi jack, knowing you from the IF board, I welcome you here.

My position is quite identical to yours. I bought Something Wild as it was released, but I was more into this Jester Race thing of In Flames.

About 2 months ago, I re-discovered Something Wild with his great guitarwork, so I downloaded Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder.

When doing some learning stuff for school, I had these two albums in repeat in winamp. I have to admit that these melodies really kick ass. Perfect solos all the way. Towards dead end developed my guitar work by learning me arpeggios.
I have to say that these 2 albums have become some of my favourite CDs. I got FTR and HB yesterday and they even rock harder than the mp3s on the computer.

I don't give a fuck, if you hate me!

Hey Dead Eternity! thanks for the welcome!
i dont hate you man, infact, you were one of the few people on IF boards that made sense! I just thought there was too much negativety there so i am just trying to discover different bands for now and Children of Bodom are cool as hell. I downloaded Lake of Bodom and it rocks! The riffs have alot of energy and the melodies couldnt get any better! :cool:

yeah FF7 was my favorite game, and still is. I beat it like 10 times. i beat all the weapons, which was one hard task. But the story line was so great. that Lunar are my favorite RPGs on Playstation. Aeris was a great character, her limit breaks rule! she could make the party invisible for along time. then she died, by that Sephiroth character and his 6 foot sword. but he has the coolest look!

Anyway,My favorite bands are: Metallica, In Flames, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Thursday, Dream Theater, Bleach, Lucky boys Confusion, 2PAC, DMX, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, and now Children of Bodom!!!!
thats just alittle about me, i also play Guitar. Rock on !!

Anyway,My favorite bands are: Metallica, In Flames, Jars of Clay, DC Talk, Thursday, Dream Theater, Bleach, Lucky boys Confusion, 2PAC, DMX, Soilwork, Dark Tranquillity, and now Children of Bodom!!!!

You dont like Sum 41 anymore?

Hmm, most of those bands aren't my type. I could go on forever of the bands I like... But some are: Vintersorg, Children of Bodom, Opeth, Ozzy, Savatage, In Flames (saw on Monday), Iced Earth(also saw on Monday), Hypocrisy, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Thyrfing, Ablaze My Sorrow, Finntroll, Soilwork, Cradle of Filth, Megadeth, Blind Guardian, Solitude Aeturnus, Summon, and the list continues.

IcedEarth556, dude thank you for remembering!!! how can i forget one of my favorite bands?!?!?
SUM41 rocks!!!
Download any of these songs if you beg to differ:
"Ride the Chariot to the Devil"
"Grab the Devils by the horn and fuck him up the ass"
"Pain for Pleasure" (Priest Cover)

these songs are really melodic and you WILL be suprised at what these guys can do.
tell me what you think!
-Jack

I think a band who performs a song named "Grab the Devils by the horn and fuck him up the ass" has got a serious attitude problem.

That's what I think.
And NO I haven't listened to the song... And I probably never will

What songs to you guys think i should download, i already have Follow the reaper and Lake Bodom, whats next? I would really like to buy their cds, but i can't find them anywhere.

Originally posted by JackP14
I would really like to buy their cds, but i can't find them anywhere.
CDs happen to appear in high density in these funny things they use to call "Disc Stores", you know...
I highly recommend you continue your search there...

For the songs to recommend:
-Downfall
-Children of Decadence
-Hate Me
-Towards Dead End
-Children of Bodom
-Black Widow

That should do I think :p