New Children of Bodom vs Old Children of Bodom. The Argument.

Let's get one thing straight: there is no OLD Bodom, and NEW Bodom... There is only BODOM, and that's it!
(There is NEW Norther, NEW Nightwish, NEW ...Get the point?)
It is true that they are not the way they use to be, but it's the same band, with the same members, and i don't get that shit with those stupid adjectives!

What a dumb post. I guess we have to stop discussing about the change of Bodom now?

Besides, Bodom's line-up did change :lol:

Let's get one thing straight: there is no OLD Bodom, and NEW Bodom... There is only BODOM, and that's it!
(There is NEW Norther, NEW Nightwish, NEW ...Get the point?)
It is true that they are not the way they use to be, but it's the same band, with the same members, and i don't get that shit with those stupid adjectives!

We don't need a messageboard anymore!

obama-point-fierce-4x3-thumb-400xauto-28094.jpg

"Let's make one thing clear... There is no OLD Bodom, or NEW Bodom... There only is BODOM"

We don't need a messageboard anymore!

Haha! Well, we do need a messageboard, but we don't need stupid threads.

And the answer for the others:
I'm not saying that we should not discuss about their new album or whatever, I'm saying that I HATE when people CALL THEM THAT WAY... And yes, Bodom's line-up DID change once, but that didn't affect the band that much (at least I think so).

And I understand that we all have different opinion, but I just had to tell you mine. If you don't like it, bite me!

What makes you think we care which your gender is? And where the fuck we can bite you?

Where can we bite you?

Where can we bite you?

Maybe he can bite us instead.

What makes you think we care which your gender is? And where the fuck we can bite you?

Please, we are waiting for an answer!!

Keskiviikon piti olla juhlapäivä 13-vuotiaalle paskafoorumin käyttäjälle. Päällimmäisenä illasta jäi kuitenkin mieleen pettymys, kun foorumin vakiojäsenet ahdistelivat häntä tylysti vihjaavilla kommenteillaan.

anonyymi-herrasmies-kuvalauta-tzypzv.png

And I understand that we all have different opinion, but I just had to tell you mine. If you don't like it, bite me!

Where can we bite you?

Where can we bite you?

Maybe he can bite us instead.

I am "she". Ok, you made the point and it's not funny at all.

Please, we are waiting for an answer!!

Keskiviikon piti olla juhlapäivä 13-vuotiaalle paskafoorumin käyttäjälle. Päällimmäisenä illasta jäi kuitenkin mieleen pettymys, kun foorumin vakiojäsenet ahdistelivat häntä tylysti vihjaavilla kommenteillaan.

Translation:

Wednesday was meant to be a party day for a 13 year old shit forum user. Uppermost in mind, however, was disappointment, as the regular forum users harassed her bluntly with their suggestive comments.

Some of the best stuff ever on this forum!

Drifting back on topic

Huh, I must be a weird bug then, I first heard Downfall and didn't like it, about 6 months later I liked Needled 24/7 and therefore I got both HCDR and AYDY full albums.
I must say I loved both and slowly drifted towards AYDY, but eventually I got bored and let bodom gather some dust.
After about two years I picked those albums back up and this time around I absolutely loved HCDR, so much that I actually considered it my all time #1 favourite.

As time passed I began disliking AYDY more and more, and although the keyboard work on Blooddrunk was brilliant, I never liked it. I eventually began liking the performance of FTR and HB songs in the Stockholm Knockout Live DVD until I managed to bear old Alexi's voice and got FTR. It quickly became my new all time favorite.
After some more time I got SW and just couldn't fit in my head the fact I had never listened to it before. And then I got HB. Next sentence is obvious, so why should I type it?

Around mid-2011 I decided to give new Bodom (sorry Bodomholic) another try, and again disliked AYDY and BD, although some songs were salvageable (and I currently often play them in guitar). And soon afterwards I got RRF. It was noticeably better to me than the other two, and quickly entered some sort of Top 10 of mine.
And I eventually liked it even more after attending the latest Bodom concert here in Chile, on December the 10th.

Long story short, I was a potential listener for the most recent and upcoming Bodom albums but eventually turned to the classic SW-to-FTR era, with added HCDR and RRF. I don't really prefer any, it mostly depends on my mood I suppose, but I can say the first four albums have had a far greater impact on my songwriting style than the last.

^Obviously AYDY and some songs off HCDR are easier to listen to for starters, and yes some of the old songs just don't deliver the same live impact anymore especially due to the vocals having got severely worse. And yes HB is one of the best metal albums ever as is FTR, definitely the band's 2 best, today I'm mostly excited about HB.

^Obviously AYDY and some songs off HCDR are easier to listen to for starters, and yes some of the old songs just don't deliver the same live impact anymore especially due to the vocals having got severely worse. And yes HB is one of the best metal albums ever as is FTR, definitely the band's 2 best, today I'm mostly excited about HB.

I can jive with that. Perspective plays a huge role. I got into COB through AYDY, so I kinda' went in without a bias of the old. But I love the old stuff, too. It definitely has a more epic/mythical vibe that takes you away. I dig it all. What album I choose at the time depends on my disposition and how much attention I want to give to the music.

EDIT: Just realized I bumped a months old thread from the last. Fuck it.