New Children of Bodom vs Old Children of Bodom. The Argument.

WildChildNumber2

Number 1 Shredder :D
Sep 29, 2009
Australia :)
There has been heaps of stuff going around about Old Children of Bodom being way better then the Current/New Children of Bodom.

All this talk about the albums after Hate Crew Deathroll being so lame.

I dont agree with this. I believe Children of Bodom still produce amazing music. I do prefer there previous albums such as Hatebreeder, but im still insanely in love with Are You Dead Yet? and Blooddrunk :D

Children of Bodom also shouldve released a new album rather than "Skeletons in the Closet", a cover album. But its still good i guess :D

Whats your view on "New Children of Bodom vs Old Children of Bodom"?

As the previous comment stated, there are a lot of discussion among that, to simplify it, i think that they were an awesome original kickass metal band, now they are just a copy of a grind american band to sympathize North America, i hope that they return towards their roots in the next album

You should know that almost every thread leads to that discussion ;)
I personally like both so i'm a pleased fan :lol:

I am exactly like you! People are having such massive arguments, but I dont understand why D: There the BEST band in the WORLD :D

And I know there are heaps of posts about this topic, but this is the OFFICIAL one ;D Lol

As the previous comment stated, there are a lot of discussion among that, to simplify it, i think that they were an awesome original kickass metal band, now they are just a copy of a grind american band to sympathize North America, i hope that they return towards their roots in the next album

omg!
Ziltoid!! :lol:

I also like the old and the new stuff. But for me I can see a difference between the old and the new material.
The old stuff seemed to be more "childish" - means curious, playfull, colourfull, "the guitar has to have the last word in the song - nah, the keyboard!". (I hope you get, what I´m trying to say.)
This thing I miss a lot if it comes to the new material. But the new songs are also very good.
And I can see why the stuff had changed. Everyone changes, every life changes and also the taste changes.
And there is always the urge to move on with the art that you´re doing, if you are an artist - no matter: musician, painter, writer. Everyone wants to go on, to grow on, to do better or different stuff. I think, that these are some of the reasons, why their music changed.
And even if I like the old stuff a bit more, I think the change is a a good thing too. Because they changed in a good way. They sound a little bit more grown up now. Not the little, playfull boys anymore - who already knew what and how to do. But grown up men, who are aware of what they can do and what they want to do. And they do it also in a great way. So, yes, I miss the playfull banter of the old songs. But I enjoy the compact sound of the new ones also.

ANY usual thread would meet it's demise this way.

Does this mean it will end with us talking about something competely NOT related? :O

Good point. Let's start the process...

So I'm eating some strawberry yogurt right now while listening to amazing classical/filmscore-esque music. Definitely awesome music to listen to while eating dairy products.

-edit-- Oh wait, it has to be COMPLETELY not related, I just brought up music. imdoinitwrong. SORRY :eek:

I also like the old and the new stuff. But for me I can see a difference between the old and the new material.
The old stuff seemed to be more "childish" - means curious, playfull, colourfull, "the guitar has to have the last word in the song - nah, the keyboard!". (I hope you get, what I´m trying to say.)
This thing I miss a lot if it comes to the new material. But the new songs are also very good.
And I can see why the stuff had changed. Everyone changes, every life changes and also the taste changes.
And there is always the urge to move on with the art that you´re doing, if you are an artist - no matter: musician, painter, writer. Everyone wants to go on, to grow on, to do better or different stuff. I think, that these are some of the reasons, why their music changed.
And even if I like the old stuff a bit more, I think the change is a a good thing too. Because they changed in a good way. They sound a little bit more grown up now. Not the little, playfull boys anymore - who already knew what and how to do. But grown up men, who are aware of what they can do and what they want to do. And they do it also in a great way. So, yes, I miss the playfull banter of the old songs. But I enjoy the compact sound of the new ones also.

Yea you made a good point. I like them both, but I prefer the Old Bodom more lol :)

I love all Bodom's albums (including Inearthed times) In every album they change sound 1 way or another.
And its a good thing! I cant imagine COB now with same 6 albums like FTR OR SW. :D
Every band changes their sound becouse staying in same place sucks major balls, know wha i mean?
Its funny when "veteran" or "elite" fans judging Blooddrunk beeing commercial or "american". They will never gonna get back to previous days!
They a going forward and dont wanna look back. Thats why i love Bodoms so much! :kickass:

...really...i whole thread devoted to the one thing all threads eventually talk about at one time there existence. Wow. It's time for us all to go kill ourselves. But really, in all honesty the whold old/new bodom thing is tired, and the thing is, no matter what you think they'll move in the musical direction they want to. Sure, state your opinion, but the fact that it always turns into an argument is bogus.

I think old bodom is better. I think we really need to discuss this. So what is everyone's favorite album? Mine is hatebreeder.

hatebreeder. although still i think all bodom is good in it's own unique way. hence my rather nuetral stance in the whole argument, and also hence my thinking it's pointless.lol. Hatebreeder is the best album imo, the melodies and tone are great, the vocals are top notch, but yeah, still...bodom is the best band ever new or old.

...really...i whole thread devoted to the one thing all threads eventually talk about at one time there existence. Wow. It's time for us all to go kill ourselves. But really, in all honesty the whold old/new bodom thing is tired, and the thing is, no matter what you think they'll move in the musical direction they want to. Sure, state your opinion, but the fact that it always turns into an argument is bogus.

Yes, maybe you´re right and maybe it´s really lame to talk about the old/new-thing. And you´ll be also right by saying, that they will do, what they want to do.
But I guess, like any other artist, they´re maybe interested in getting some feedback. ;-) Dunno. But I can imagine this. However...
Just stating my opinion doesn´t mean, that I´m up to argue or to fight. My words should just show the way I see it. Nothing more, but nothing less. If somebody is seeing it in a different way, so be it. But not with me. ;-)

^^^ understandable...see just there you stated your opinion on my opnion.lol.isn't the world in the forums great. we're all opinionated. lol. but yeah...could we all agree though...bodom is a good band in general before hashing out the whole era thing?