New Children of Bodom vs Old Children of Bodom. The Argument.

:lol:w00t

btw-i-forgot-its-the-weekend-it-is-time-to-let-loose-and-type-with-hyphens

holy-hell-this-is-so-freeing-to-not-have-to-type-control-V-between-every-word-lol

I really want to see a pic of your keyboard. I'm expecting like buttons made of wood and lots of duct tape.

I really want to see a pic of your keyboard. I'm expecting like buttons made of wood and lots of duct tape.

My sensei gave me a short break from training, with which I took what may be the last picture ever of my keyboard and I. It's been quite a vivacious life we've had together. From this moment on I shall take a vow of silence (that doesn't include typing though of course) in honor of Logitech Elite.

ninjakeyboard.jpg

It's going to be really annoying when you get a working keyboard and you're not used to the spacebar working lol. You're going to be trying to type and just end up going FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

^^^from this pic, we all can see that eveningninja is in fact a ninja. he has not been playing games with us

they are becoming more and more of a mainstream metal band, but hatebreeder and FTR will always hold a special place

Thats so true. I wish they werent just a plain metal band, I wish they went back to there old stuff and became unique again... But ehh, maybe they'll realise that people dont like there new albums as much as there old ones and they'll change back... At least that what im hoping for :D

Stop fucking up the threads with your cheesecakes! I'd ban you if I was mod.

Thats so true. I wish they werent just a plain metal band, I wish they went back to there old stuff and became unique again... But ehh, maybe they'll realise that people dont like there new albums as much as there old ones and they'll change back... At least that what im hoping for :D

You're right, people want them to write more Hatebreederish / FTR'ish music, but American youth is another thing, and of course those who only care about the heaviness. I want something from the middle personally. At the end what matters is the musical ideas, the feeling, the sound comes only after that.

The scenario I'm a bit afraid at this point is we'll have a brown-coloured album (in my thinking the album cover art represents the basical soundscape - so far the artist's have done really good work reflecting the feeling they got from the music) that includes Pantera, Lamb of God, Slayer influenced music and possibly failed attempts with new vocal styles.

For me, instead of going out to drink with Randy from LOG to gain influences, they should probably make closer work with another artist who has depth and vision, like Peter Tägtgren. Gossip is he didn't actually influence FTR as much as people think, just gave COB keys to the studio... But I think he could be much more associated with creating really psycho synthesizer things and try to make a feeling of depth to the soundscape, just share his visions. Other than that I also hope the new album would put a bone to the throat of wanna-be metal poseurs, with genious feeling of violence, speed, brutality. It really takes geniosity to achieve that; slamming the instruments as hard as possible isn't the true way to create hard metal, which is what a lot of bands try to do and fail.

Blooddrunk actually has absolutely genious keyboard sounds, the spooky intro in Hellhounds with the haunting chorus line - the intro bell sound of Blooddrunk - the synth background in the Lobodomy drum rolls - ODYWC is an impressive keyboard track especially for the intro which is one of the best things COB ever came up with (shame for the shortness) - Tie My Rope intro is an instant legend (the new version was such an improvement it made me feel sick in my stomach for 2 days) the ghost-sounds supporting the beat after that are something new as well - the slicing sounds in Banned from Heaven.. It's all bloody genious. But I want more!

lol-im-not-too-worried..i-actually-went-about-3-months-without-a-mouse-at-one-point...got-really-trained-with-keyboard-shortcuts-and-the-use-of-the-tab-key:p

holy shit, I would die, I have no idea how to not use a mouse. The batteries in mine died the other day and I flipped the fuck out :lol:

^^^from this pic, we all can see that eveningninja is in fact a ninja. he has not been playing games with us

i-never-play-games-with-anyone...actually-thats-a-lie,-but-srsly.

holy shit, I would die, I have no idea how to not use a mouse. The batteries in mine died the other day and I flipped the fuck out :lol:

there's-actually-this-little-program-you-can-use-called-mouse-keys-where-when-''enabled''-the-arrows-that-you-see-in-your-numpad-can-be-used-to-control-your-cursor...pretty-nifty,,-so-if-you-ever-find-yourself-in-a-mouseless-situation-don't-fret:cool:

As the previous comment stated, there are a lot of discussion among that, to simplify it, i think that they were an awesome original kickass metal band, now they are just a copy of a grind american band to sympathize North America, i hope that they return towards their roots in the next album

due to your username, avatar, and picture in your sig you are now my new favourite member.
congraulations

Stop fucking up the threads with your cheesecakes! I'd ban you if I was mod.

You're right, people want them to write more Hatebreederish / FTR'ish music, but American youth is another thing, and of course those who only care about the heaviness. I want something from the middle personally. At the end what matters is the musical ideas, the feeling, the sound comes only after that.

The scenario I'm a bit afraid at this point is we'll have a brown-coloured album (in my thinking the album cover art represents the basical soundscape - so far the artist's have done really good work reflecting the feeling they got from the music) that includes Pantera, Lamb of God, Slayer influenced music and possibly failed attempts with new vocal styles.

For me, instead of going out to drink with Randy from LOG to gain influences, they should probably make closer work with another artist who has depth and vision, like Peter Tägtgren. Gossip is he didn't actually influence FTR as much as people think, just gave COB keys to the studio... But I think he could be much more associated with creating really psycho synthesizer things and try to make a feeling of depth to the soundscape, just share his visions. Other than that I also hope the new album would put a bone to the throat of wanna-be metal poseurs, with genious feeling of violence, speed, brutality. It really takes geniosity to achieve that; slamming the instruments as hard as possible isn't the true way to create hard metal, which is what a lot of bands try to do and fail.

Blooddrunk actually has absolutely genious keyboard sounds, the spooky intro in Hellhounds with the haunting chorus line - the intro bell sound of Blooddrunk - the synth background in the Lobodomy drum rolls - ODYWC is an impressive keyboard track especially for the intro which is one of the best things COB ever came up with (shame for the shortness) - Tie My Rope intro is an instant legend (the new version was such an improvement it made me feel sick in my stomach for 2 days) the ghost-sounds supporting the beat after that are something new as well - the slicing sounds in Banned from Heaven.. It's all bloody genious. But I want more!

Mmm, your right :)

My favourite album is definitely Hatecrew Deathroll. But I like all the albums equally almost so I'm not affected by the Old vs New thing at all.

How is it that every thread degrades into new vs old argument, but when there's an actual thread for it, it degrades into spam? :rolleyes:

Should people just accept both suck, and stop? (j/k of course) :loco:

Also, Cheescake>>>>>>>Alexi

it's weird how backwards it is huh. Still I don't get how these threads keep coming up, it's almost impossible to be on this board and not see a billion pages with the same argument haha!

Let's get one thing straight: there is no OLD Bodom, and NEW Bodom... There is only BODOM, and that's it!
(There is NEW Norther, NEW Nightwish, NEW ...Get the point?)
It is true that they are not the way they use to be, but it's the same band, with the same members, and i don't get that shit with those stupid adjectives!

Why the fuck are you necroing this thread? It's from 2009! And there are at least 100 more of those that are getting posted every day.