New Children of Bodom vs Old Children of Bodom. The Argument.

I got into CoD

What the dickballs is this?

Casual gamers
smiley_smug.gif

Where can we bite you?

Precious kitty bit one of those rats I killed cuz Shane insisted we leave the back door open for like a week solid because "that bitch deserves it". That is what I am wondering about. Why does Shane hate precious kitty so much.

I can jive with that. Perspective plays a huge role. I got into COB through AYDY, so I kinda' went in without a bias of the old. But I love the old stuff, too. It definitely has a more epic/mythical vibe that takes you away. I dig it all. What album I choose at the time depends on my disposition and how much attention I want to give to the music.

EDIT: Just realized I bumped a months old thread from the last. Fuck it.
Couldnt have put it better myself,i first encountered Bodom a couple of
years ago when they supported Slipknot.
My son lent me AYDY and that was it,i was on it,now having listened to the
"old" stuff i can see where people are coming from but its still the newer stuff for me:headbang:
I bump old threads too,but im senile so can get away with it:lol:

It's hard to compare old Bodom to new Bodom. Many of you complain about new COB's music style. But imagine them releasing seven albums sounding all the same! It would be just boring. Two, three albums sounding similar is okey, but the band has to move forward, make progress. No, I don't want to say new songs are better than the old. On every album COB has better and worse songs and, yes, on their newest albums there are also good songs! ; )
But for me personally, the best albums are not from the band's beginning but from the years 2000-2005: FTR, HCDR and AYDY are my favourite.

It's hard to compare old Bodom to new Bodom. Many of you complain about new COB's music style. But imagine them releasing seven albums sounding all the same! It would be just boring. Two, three albums sounding similar is okey, but the band has to move forward, make progress. No, I don't want to say new songs are better than the old. On every album COB has better and worse songs and, yes, on their newest albums there are also good songs! ; )
But for me personally, the best albums are not from the band's beginning but from the years 2000-2005: FTR, HCDR and AYDY are my favourite.

Did I just hear the clapping of a sparrow's wings landing on the tombstone that is now this message board. Some new discussion.

But you've just made possibly the most upsetting paragraph ever on the forum.

"But imagine them releasing seven albums sounding all the same!"

Yeah well, they're about to do just that if they make three more albums in the new style. ;) The original albums were all 1) very much different, and 2) very much creative -> unlike the last 4 albums. Nobody is against change. I would kinda understand what you're trying to say if COB had evolved to something clearly more interesting. 'Everybody' is saying the band should do something in the vein of the old albums (which does NOT mean "do neo-classical riffs", but "make massively creative and juicy death metal again"), but with an _interesting_ new soundworld.

"It would be just boring."

People are only asking them to get creative and start writing atmospheric and epic melodic death metal again. What's boring about that?

"Two, three albums sounding similar is okey, but the band has to move forward, make progress."

You're saying Something Wild, Hatebreeder & Follow the Reaper sounded all the same?
You're saying the band has moved forward and made progress?

The reality is most bands make this cycle. The epic albums recide amidst the first ones, and once the creativity has been "squeezed out of the artist", they resort to making music that is different, relying on experience and advanced technical riffs... But they end up making sterile albums that lack the creativity. (Again I don't judge, this is just my opinion of the _overall_ situation.)

This all being said once again, the band's defence for the newer material "we can't make the same album all again" got old possibly already in 2005 when they made Are You Dead Yet?... COB have songs like SNBN which are relatively easier to play than some newer songs, but sound million times better as a song of musical art.

My personal opinion is everything's degeneration about RRF except technical aspects, but the technical aspects are not even interesting enough to listen to. Sure there's still the occasional glory moments here and there, but Alexi could do that even if he wrote metal with a hair comb.

I'm just saying: create an interesting soundworld, new guitar tones, a special style of unique keyboard sounds, make guitar riffs that sound moody rather than technical, melodies, solos, vocals and drumming, make the songs gel together with their solos and song titles, create an atmospheric all-round death metal album that comes with a fitting atmospheric artwork design of the Lake and the Reaper again. You will not go wrong. Sacrifice the obsession for technical-progression if necessary. (The blue and green albums were technical enough, yes?) This is what I'd suggest if I was their manager.