How And When You Discovered Children Of Bodom?

It was late at night, some years ago, and I was half asleep waiting for my parents to come home when one of their videos came on tv. Haha that woke me up. I caught the name of their band as the video finished and the rest is history. =]

I believe it was in late 1999. I was with a friend and we were listening to a whole mix of stuff on a disk. Deadnight Warrior came on and I was like, "Who is this?" My friend said "It's Children of Bodom. They're from Finland."
I was just about to turn fourteen, and was only into the 80's shit like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, etc from my crazy parents. :loco:
When I first heard Bodom I wasn't too into Alexi's screaming, because I never listened to anything like that. I never despised screaming, but it wasn't something I'd own CD's of. It took me a little over 5 months before I gave them another try. It was Deadnight Warrior again, but my reaction that time was "OMG WTF why did I wait so long!1!11111" In English: I was pissed at myself for missing out on all of what I've grown to love... Alexi's ya yows. :p

I heard Bodom Beach Terror on the Radio.(didn't remember the band name at the time)Then I went on Cradle of Filth's website(I used to listen to CoF alot)and saw a band "Children of Bodom" was mentioned.It sounded familiar but I couldn't remember where I heard the name.That same day I turned on Mtv2 Headbanger's Ball and saw "In your face" playing and realized that was CoB.After that I stopped listening to CoF and got addicted Bodom ever since.

I was watching Uranium on Fuse and seen the video for In Your Face and liked it in Fall Semester or Spring Semester of my Junior year of High School in 2004 or 2005. I also heard that song on Sirius Radio on my TV at that time too. Because I remember having that song in my head taking the ACT on a Saturday morning. :lol:

i was in music appreciation class in high school when my friend starts up trashed lost & strungout and i was like woah this rocks

My older friend introduced me when I was pretty young. He came over (I think I was around eleven) and he made me listen to some of their songs, along with Slayer and other bands.

I first heard Bodom at an un-close friend.. Licks I remember are Lake Bodom and Bodom After Midnight...

Then a few years went by...

Later I was at some other friends house and we were chatting about all sorts of shit and he mentioned Bodom's "awful singing style" and I was like... "Yeah I remember some harsh vocals" and we went to youtube and searced for "Children Of Bodom".
First song that came was In your Face. We listened to the song and I thought "this isn't so bad at all" and liked the song really much.
When later that day I was back home and was still thinking of the song. "Say one more word, I don't dare you" and "I don't give a flying fuck motherfucka!" I went straight out and bought Are You Dead Yet? and it got me. bought all the albums later.. (not all though at the same time:))

I was reading an article about one of my favorite ice hockey teams about three years back and one of the defensemen loved music (like myself) and had a bunch of songs he recommended and "Deadnight Warrior" was one of them. So, I got online and listened to it and I've been hooked ever since.

Summer 2006. My friend send me via msn their Britney-cover and I loved it and I asked her to send couple of bands own songs. It was autumn when I really started to listen to CoB more and I bought their records. Since then it has been my favorite band.