How And When You Discovered Children Of Bodom?

Shot In The Dark

Pathetic Little Soul
Jan 23, 2008
Finland
So like title says tell when and how u discovered COB?

My first 2 song which i heard were Lake Bodom and Hate Me! My friend send them to me and about one week later I got 3 albums and I wanted more! Now ive been COB fan many many years and I will be. I am waiting Blooddrunk!

It was Lake bodom or Deadnight warrior. Can't remember. I didn't really know at the time what the band was called, I figured out later. Must have been around 1999.

Summer '06 if my memory's right it was at my (ex)best friend's house the song was AYDY and i said it sucked and i was right... then i heard it later and i said it was good i downloaded the AYDY album got an orgasm.. then i downloaded the rest of their albums... i got 15 orgasms everyday for a year... and i bought all the albums, the only one i still need it Tokyo Warhearts...

During summer 2006. My friend thought I would never be able to play Needled 24/7 on the guitar. I listenend to it and was just amazed. Nowadays, I find it moderately easy to play.

I was on the toilet taking a huge fucking dump. After i flushed, 3 shit returned as the well known "floaters", and they formed the letters "C" "O" "B".
So i thought "hey those are pretty nice letters! I wonder if theres some band that uses them as acronyms!" i searched and found bodom. It was nice.

I was on the toilet taking a huge fucking dump. After i flushed, 3 shit returned as the well known "floaters", and they formed the letters "C" "O" "B".
So i thought "hey those are pretty nice letters! I wonder if theres some band that uses them as acronyms!" i searched and found bodom. It was nice.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

back when i was first getting into extreme metal in like 2001 my brother gave me a ton of cds to listen to with highlights of genres on them, on one of them was everytime i die and i really fucking liked the song but didn't think of it much. later he gave me more cds and one of them was hatebreeder and after i heard warheart i was hooked.

Late 2003 If I remember right. Few months after HCD was released, but as Spain is the shitiest country when it comes to metal, I got the 3 first CD's and then after some time HCD came, :lol:

See most people in here will lie and say they've been down with the band since before 2000 which is probably bullshit unless they live in Europe. I heard about the band in 2003, never really listened to them until late 2003, ETID was the first song I heard and I didn't like it. Then my friend lent me his FtR CD he ordered online and I fell in love.

back when i was first getting into extreme metal in like 2001 my brother gave me a ton of cds to listen to with highlights of genres on them, on one of them was everytime i die and i really fucking liked the song but didn't think of it much. later he gave me more cds and one of them was hatebreeder and after i heard warheart i was hooked.

How old are you, 17-18 I think you said?
So you were 10-12 years old and listening to Bodom :rolleyes:

How old are you, 17-18 I think you said?
So you were 10-12 years old and listening to Bodom :rolleyes:

yeah, when i was young he started me out on easy to grasp stuff, the black album, nevermore's dead heart in a dead world and some power metal. when i was late 10 or 11 he got me some cds with melodeath stuff like dark tranquillity and such to help me get more into it which included bodom, but i didn't get relaly into them until he gave me hatebreeder in 2002 i think.
if it wasn't for my brother i definately wouldn't have gotten into real metal that early, before that i was just into hard rock and shit, he even took me to see them in 2004 with iced earth so you can not believe it all you want and think that i'm just pretending to be tr00, but i didn't find them myself or magically become a metal kid, he got me into it which is what a lot of older brothers/siblings do.

I was in Spanish class in 9th grade(around 2002) when we had break during class. One of my classmates put Hatebreeder in the radio when the teacher wasn't looking and we played Silent Night Bodom Night, and scared half the class.

:lol::lol::lol:

Spanish sucks, and I know it well, as it's my mother tongue, :lol: I just hate studying it. At least now at Uni I don't have to, :lol:

@Joe: You're partly right, but not 100%. My brother is 12 and listens to COB, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Maiden, Death, Pantera, etc since he was 10, :lol: Older brothers do influence a lot sometimes, :lol: We're like a disease, we infect our younger brothers' brains, :lol:

My guitar teacher gave me a tape with children of decadence on a short while after FtR was released, and so I got that pretty soon. Wasn't hooked on them til HCDR though.

I already said this in another thread but fuck n00bs have gotta find shit out and they're sure as hell not gonna just read something old

I was at a mates joint in Northcote 2 or 3 years ago there was about 5 or 6 of us there it may have even been pre-gig we were leaving and going somewhere anyway we were sitting around having a couple of beers maybe a joint and some smokes there was music playing at the time I'm sure many of you can imagine the situation I didn't make anything of the music at the time it was just another band I mean I hear hundreds of different new bands every couple of months these days it's hard to keep up anyway we left and that was that

For weeks and weeks later I had this tune in my head (ding dingyyy dingy dingy ding dingyyy dingy dingy Daaaaan Daaaaan Chug Chug Chug Chug Bam Bam) it sounds better when I hum it any who I was obsessed image that someone who's obsessed with a song that they'd probably only ever heard once and don't really know anything about it so I went and talked to my friend described the song and luckily he knew what I was on about and told me the song was Angels Don't Kill he lent me a couple of CD's and I was hooked