When did you discover Bodom?

Well, I'd heard of them for quite a while actually but it wasn't until my friend downloaded one of their songs that I actually first heard them. I downloaded Bodom after Midnight (this was before Follow the Reaper was released, you know how songs leak out before the albums are released...) and I fell inlove with it. I bought Follow the Reaper the day it was released.

I need the other albums on CD, I have Hatebreeder (better than Follow the Reaper IMO) on cassette, one of my ex's sent it to me. It reminds me of her, which is depressing, oh well...I'll carry on listening to it! :)

Some guy sent me "Hate me" 1,5 years ago,
and I thought it was too noisy, but very catchy,
so I liked it :eek:) After some months of having it
on random play in my winamp with lots of other
songs I downloaded all their albums. I listened
a lot to the live album, and "Hatebreeder",
and when "Follow The Reaper" was released I
got completly hooked! It is such a brilliant album!

I heard the Children of Bodom -single at first and it was in a Finnish compilation "Metalliliitto2". I thought then that this band is totally something different. A little later I saw Deadnight Warrior video on TV.
Shortly after that I went to Nummirock midsummer festival in Finland (year was 1998 of course), and there was COB playing a gig and I thought then "hmm... their 2 songs were quite good, let's see some more."
I can tell you that the gig was awesome, though I hadn't heard other songs at all.
But COB's Hatebreeder is the record which really make me a COB fan, and after I had heard Hatebreeder, I had to got Something Wild also.

i heard a few songs in my buddys car and never really cared, laihos type of vocals made me dizzy, but once that catchy reef in follow the reaper (the song) drew my attention, after that i noticed they were awesome and i started to like the singing too, which kicks ass
:loco:

Saw Alexi first when he played with Sinergy. Became aware of Children of Bodom shortly thereafter and roamed the net. Found a website which had "Deadnight Warrior" as .mpg file.
Do I have to say more ?

only gaaaaaay people download music...:mad:
you all should buy the cd´s or any format you want... but dont download music from internet... it sucks... :( :mad: :(

Well, don't you think it's OK to download a couple of songs to see if you like the music/band!??! I always do... and if i like the music, then i buy records!

Like with bodom.. downloaded one song, bought all albums :)

That's a good deal for them huh?

I think it's OK to download music and buy the records if likes the music, because it's stupid to buy music, e.g. if you have just seen an album cover. At least I don't have that much money... :)

Without mp3s, many great bands would be unknown for me. It's the only way to get to know new bands, really - at least for me. I don't have money to buy all those CDs I just have heard of or read some article about!

yeah thats the way I do it, I usually listen to 2 or 3 songs from an album to make sure its a worth purchase and if I like it, i pick it up. I dont own a single burnt cd, I have mp3s but its all assorted stuff of bands I havent bought the cds of yet (bands I checked out and still have mp3s)

Some people don't seem to pay attention at all. It's a difference whether you download .mp3 music files or .mpg video files. Furthermore, most people who get into a band's music will buy their cd's to keep them going (Anyone wants Alexi to build tents again ?).
I think it's fair enough to check out whether you like a band or not by downloading .mp3 files, but if you find out that you like them, it will be a f..in' duty to buy the record.:loco:
(Guess where I'll spend some bucks on in January ?)